Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The Federal Q2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Federal Q2B

Hye all I just wanted to let you know that the Q is the best sound ever! Nothing like comeing home from a hard days work, gettin banged out on a full box, and clearing the traffic with the Q blastin! that's what im talkin about folks!

Tally ho!
    Justin
    Altamont Vol FD
    Albany co NY

Can you say W-A-C-K-E-R little boys and girls? Dude, you need to re-evaluate why you are in the fire service field.....

"The Dawg"

Comment

Man you seriously need laid, do you have a girlfriend? People like you should not be allowed into any firehouse. i'll bet youve never even kissed a girl have you? come on man grow up..........

[This message has been edited by Jake295885 (edited 01-23-2001).]

Comment

Did i miss something? Is it wrong to like the sound of the "Q"? If not, it sure sounds like it. *********s

[This message has been edited by firefighter15_wv (edited 01-22-2001).]

Comment

First things first, there are many things better than "clearing traffic with a Q" after a hard days work. My hot tub or couch are 2 that quickly come to mind!!!

Now since it is our job to respond to other's people catastrophes, whenever they may arise, it is good to know you have the old Q to lean on to take out some frustration at some of our oblivious driver humans out there.

Dawg -- I see this is your first post?? Welcome to the forums, you picked a hell of a way to make an entrance -- bashing someone by calling them a whacker. I guess not everybody is quite as cool as you think you may be. You will quickly see that post like that will get a thread locked by the Webteam.

Comment

Hey Firedawg, I guess we're not all as altruistic and wholesomely motivated as you are. I too love the Q2, and there is nothing wrong with discussing something that brings you joy. Justin obviously loves the fire service and just wanted to share his joy. I can't stand people like you firedawg, you think you are so much better than everyone else. And speaking of woo-woos, as we call them, what kind of name is firedawg?

------------------
            In Omnia Paratus

Comment

Here in the DC metro area a popular sound in addition to the Q is the G.E. Powercall electronic siren. Its warble is the coolest electronic siren sound and sounds awesome with the Q. Take care and be safe.

------------------
              Phil Clinard
              Laurel VFD
              Prince George's Co Sta 10
              Laurel, MD
              www.laurelvfd.org

Comment

Come on, it's not about the lights and sirens. It's about getting off the rig and helping people that are relying on only you. It's about getting to the scene and doing the best job you can. It's definately not about who can make their "woo-woo", as you call it, make the best sound enroute to the scene. I can think of alot more things that you need to be doing in that front seat than gettin off on the sound of the siren. I don't even pay attention to the siren when I'm on the rig, I'm to busy running a sizeup through my mind. Its guys like you that ruin the image of the fire service, not me. I never said I was cool or better than anyone, I just gave my opinion. I thought that is what a forum was for whether you agree or not. And FF trainer, I can post whatever I please as long as I am not swearing. This isnt your personal diary, it's a forum to post opinions.

Comment

Let's hope it's not all about lights and sirens (but did you notice the threads with the most posts deal with those two issues). Anyway my 2 cents, let Justin have his youthful exhuberation, that wears out pretty quickly anyway.

Comment

yeah, its sounds like $7000.00!

Comment

I personnally preferr the sound of a 3 chime steam whistle off a Southern RR Ps2 4-6-2. Now that's worth screaming about

Comment

I'll second that, Steamtrain!! Talk about not making them like they used too! Makes Amtrak look wimpy in comparison.

------------------
                        Be safe, have fun!
                        Captain Clay Rheinlander
                        South Hays Fire & Rescue
                        LEATHER FOREVER!!

Comment

If it's not about lights and sirens, then why on earth are fire trucks equipped with them?!?!?!

If you think the sound of a siren is not important, then don't use lights and sirens at all! Then see how many are attracted to the business.

Comment

Well fella's, sorry to say but I am a wacker, but I do get laid. I loooove the sound of a ripping fed. Q, with a hint of BLASTING airhorns. As for the electric sirens on a fire truck... all I have to say is it's a fire truck... not a ambulance. Working in center city Philadelphia, Squrt 43, and Ladder 29, I beleive, are right up the street and they fly around the city. My face is glued to the window when they go but and my heart races at the sound of a Fed. Q and airhorns. I do openly admit I am a wacker and need lots and lots of help=)

Comment

Steamtrain -- I have to agree with you on your fav. sound being the Steam Whistle off a locomotive. It is a rather impressive sound (I still like the Q but I'm a self professed whacker at times and can admit it). It does bring to mind one question for you and it goes a little something like this.....

If I agree with you on the steam whistle being an awesome sound, does this mean I have to go back and change my reply on calling myself firefighter to fireman instead? I mean isn't it the fireman who shovels coal into a steam engine to make it go???

Sorry about that.... Didn't mean to try to make a joke in my "Personal Diary".

Hey Dawg, do me a favor and take a step back and realize something you should already know -- our job is very stressful by its nature. Of course there is so much more to it than lights and sirens -- umm... that would be where the stress comes from?!?! It's nice every now and then to take a subject like the sound of a Q and discuss it a little bit without being told "It's people like us ruining the fire service." because you know what?? I will NEVER ruin the fire service!! I love every ounce of the fire service. Its traditions, its history, the overwhelming feeling of self satisfaction you get helping restore order to a fellow human's life, its BROTHERHOOD, EVERYTHING!!

It is all those things that drew me into the fire service, it is all those things that will keep me proudly serving in it and it is all those things that will keep me supporting it after my active years have passed me by and I'm out fishing somewhere peaceful (with no Q or Steam Whistle to be heard), but it makes it a little easier every now and then to talk about a stress free subject like a favorite sound and take a mental break to get away from the thoughts of the 6 year old I cut out of a car that was hit head on by a drunk driver last shift.

We need to keep a little sanity in this world we serve and realize that not every subject is about life or death -- some are just for fun because someone may have wanted to blow off a little steam (sorry for the unplanned pun there!!)

Stay safe out there! You never know what's coming!!

[This message has been edited by FFTrainer (edited 01-24-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X