• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pfd4life
    replied
    Originally posted by dragonfyre
    Just got our first one.

www.birdsborofd.org
    Wow...that's one badass aerial, I love Aerialscopes, and to mount it to a Pierce....very nice.

Leave a comment:

• jlcooke3
    replied
    My department runs all pierce, with the exception of two front line engines and our reserves. Five are 99 Quantams 6 man cabs flat roofs. Lots of room for everybody only problems (beyond our shop) is the flip down step covers get loose after a while and make sure you look before you step out, the steps have a nasty habit of not coming down, its a long way to the ground. Also they are top heavy the cab sits higher than the Dash's that we run. Lots of problems with the Dashes. No room for anybody in the cab at all. A couple are real piles. They stay in the shop more than they stay in service. Three of our aerials are all-steer. Our latest aerial was one of the last all-steers produced (rumor only, not fact). All steer is great when it works but it doesnt beat a tiller. Overall they are all right, you get what you pay for and what you spec. Best of luck with your new apparatus.

Leave a comment:

• dragonfyre
    replied
    Just got our first one.

www.birdsborofd.org

Leave a comment:

• BVFD1983
    replied
    1997 Dash

top mount
    1250 GPM
    1000 tank
    365/1350 3176
    6 man cab
    hydraulic ladder rack

2001 Pierce/FL 70 heavy rescue

Command Cab
    6000W Night Scan
    4 bottle cascade
    Hurst combo tool, cutter, and rams
    air bags
    Stihl chainsaw and K12
    SCBAs in compartments
    various hand tools, absorbents, ropes, and EMS supplies

Leave a comment:

• TillerMan25
    replied
    Harve

195 Pounds and holding steady since age 19!...LOL

Seriously, most people will agree that the pre-1992 Lance Cab has little room for the officer. I say go with the Old Reliable Seagrave "J" Cab.....

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    I love Pierce, we don't have one but a few of us want one.

Whatever you do....DON'T BUY A DARLEY!!!

Darley will cobble anything together, poor workmanship, poor quality of materials, under skilled work staff, and **** poor service.

It's hard for us with Darley only 12 miles away and a former Assistant Chief who worked for Darley for many many years to change thinking around my department. We are finally making headway. Our maintenance budget is way out of control with our Darley trucks and we are sick and tired of having to take a truck there 2-3 times to get the same problem fixed. Their service dept. leaves something to be desired.

Go with Pierce!!! Take the tour of the plant. I know several people that work there and they actually test a truck before they sell it.

Any new truck will have some quirks and problems because each are custom made and are all different. Expect some mishaps. But you will expect less with Pierce. They are the cadillac of fire trucks.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Us Too...................

Originally posted by nmfire
    Our's is an enforcer as well. For a second, I thought you were showing pictures of our truck
    Uhh... Yeah, I know the feeling. We just placed our new Enforcer Pumper in service last Saturday. We also have the TAC4 Suspention, and it rides like my wife's Lincoln. Smoooooooooth. Anyone want to look at it - www.gdvfd18.com AND - Tillerman25: You know, if SOMEBODY dropped a few pounds, they would fit in those "tight" seats...

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Our's is an enforcer as well. For a second, I thought you were showing pictures of our truck

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    Rear #2
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    And the rear cab...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire
    GET THE TAC-4 FRONT SUSPENSION!!!

I swear, our new heavy rescue is the biggest truck in our fleet and it turns circles around our pickup truck.
    We have it on our Enforcer pumper. NICE RIDE! and the thing stops on a dime

As for cab room, I dont see a problem with the new rigs. The older ones, like our 93' Lance has absolutly no room for the officer. But the new one arent bad at all.

Here is a photo of the officers seat on our 02' Dash quint. Our Enforcer pumper is the same.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    GET THE TAC-4 FRONT SUSPENSION!!!

I swear, our new heavy rescue is the biggest truck in our fleet and it turns circles around our pickup truck.

Leave a comment:

• TillerMan25
    replied
    Yes, that is a 1976 Open-Cab Kenworth with a Pierce Body. As of right now, it is in service as strictly a Water Supply Pumper. It has a Detroit Diesel and a 2000GPM Pump. Occasionally, if our Second Wagon is Out of Service and we have a qualified driver, we will run that as the Second Wagon. We can't ride the tailboard on it because of the Safety Bunnies. It carries 2000' of 5" LDH. Soon it will be in Reserve Status when we purchase a new pumper, at which time the 1986 Lance will become WS25.

Leave a comment:

• bobsnyder
    replied
    Originally posted by TillerMan25
    We have terribly small cabs on our units. Check www.clintonvfd.com for a look see. We are looking into a new pumper and I believe the Arrow XT is going to get a hard look. I think our Dash is too top heavy and the tires remind me of an ARFF truck! Our Lance (1986) rides low, but the OIC seat is tiny and the crew space only sits backwards.

I hope the Arrow XT is as good as people say it is...because our Department won't veer away from Pierce.
    I don't argue with you with respect to the space in the officer's seat, and that's a common problem with a lot of rigs nowdays. I will also say that the Dash cabs without the raised roof in the crew area (like yours) can be a bit tight vertically...I know what you mean in that respect.

On to more pressing issues...do I see that correctly?? Is "Water Supply 25" an open-cab Kenworth?? That's just the cat's nuts. I want one of those!

Leave a comment:

• SAFD46Truck
    replied
    My station just got a 2004 Pierce Arrow XT 105' straight stick last month. So far it has been absolutely fantastic and all the crews love it. We'll see how well it holds up after we beat on it for a while.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X