No announcement yet.

Got a Pierce????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just brought 3 brand new Pierce Lance 2000 as for the quantom basher you can buy the quantum w/ out the fold down steps

Comment

Mike021,

Contact someone over at Penndel Fire Co. in Bucks County. Sounds like they have the truck you describe. Lance 10 man pumper/rescue, etc.

I know they have had it back to Pierce in the past, I heard it was overweight, but you could confirm.

On the plus side my Dept. run 2 Pierce units.
      One is a 86 Arrow and the other a 90 Lance. Both have 1750gpm pumps and are real war wagons.

Comment

FFshooty,
        Pierce is also presently making trucks in a city about 30-45 minutes outside of Tampa Bay Florida. It is an old Osh Kosh plant. It is equally impressive as the Appleton plant! I must make a correction from my previous post. There are 10 out of the 12 stations that have Pierce quality in thier bays. We have:
        1-Lance Top mount 1994
        1-Dash Top mount 1991
        1-Quint 1998
        3-Frieghtliners Top mount 1996
        4-International Top mount 2001

Everyone loves them!

Stay safe,

Mark

------------------
        If in doubt - Call us out

Comment

4 stations-4 saber's
          none over 4 yr.'s old
          all 1250gpm pumps with 750 gal. of water+foam

Comment

Mike,
            At home we run a lance 2000 rescue with the top bins and pull down trays. we have had great success with the truck mostly due to the large cap the powerful engine and the accecability to tools and equipment. If you would like some pictures try www.ponderosavfd.org, or call the Ponderosa Fire Department at 281-444-8465 ask for Cheif O'Gorman Assistant Cheif Tony Spitzenburger, or Deputy Cheif Scott Windisch they would be delighted to help out

Good Luck

------------------
            Kevin Wiseman
            Oklahoma State University School Of Fire Protection
            Ponderosa FD, Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all so much for all the info. I am gonna check into some companies close to me and maybe try to visit to check the layout of the engine. We currently run a 92 105' Arrow and we love it. Could not be more pleased with a truck manufacturer. Once again thanks for all info and input it is greatly appriciated. Take care and be safe all!

Comment

We have three Pierce at our firehouse. White over red. We have a '99 Lance ten man cab 1500 gpm Engine with roll up-doors. Side mount pump with ladders mounted on the on the officers side. Lose some compartment space but we took a trick off our ladder and used a transom space under the rear seats to mount tools. We also run a '97 Lance 105' heavy duty quint with all-steer. Replaced an 81 ALF tiller(sniff) but the all steer has helped and with volunteers it's one less driver needed. Also has roll-up doors. Both have 6" gold scotch-lite with 1' white above and below. Last but not least an '84 Dash. Our smallest truck and still first out the door for most calls. Narrow streets keep it going but there is debate to switch it. We're in Ardmore, about 20 minutes from you. Weh ave paid staff on duty 24/7 so you can always stop by day or evening.

Comment

My dept. is currently an all Pierce dept. with the exception of 1 engine. They are excellent trucks and should do great. The only problem that I have seen with the Lance is that it is very wide. We do not have one, but a near by dept. does and that is the complaint that they have also.

Like I said they should do great, unless you are getting an old demo. Our last Pierce purchase was a demo and it is a piece of junk.

Stay safe.

Comment

Garbage

We own a 1986 Pierce Arrow Engine and 100' Rear-Mount Ladder. Even though we are a city and the trucks get a lot of wear and tear - they are garbage. I would love to sit here and tell you all the probs but def don't have enough time to do it. Some dangerous problems have been the gas pedal sticking in both rigs, outriggers failing, suspension breaking off the rig, ect. We have gone to American LaFrance and def have had "0" probs. As for the Pierce, they are expensive and dangerous. A neighboring department just bought one and they were going 30 mph when the TAK-4 system failed and they almost crashed. Just my opinion.
                    Jason
                    Paid Professional Firefighter/ EMT
                    Department Computer Administrator
                    City of Beacon, NY Fire Department (IAFF Local 3490)

http://www.BeaconFD.org (Department's Website)
                    http://www.BeaconCareerFirefighters.org (Job's Union Site)

Comment

Our engine is a 1990 Pierce Dash, 2000 gpm, 500 gal tank, all-wheel drive, etc. It's a great rig...pumps great, runs great and off-roads better than our 2001 F-550 (although maybe that says more about the F-550 than anything else). It has spent almost no time out of service, other than routine maintenance, in its entire life and is measurably more reliable than many of the newer rigs in the area, regardless of manufacturer.

Our mutual aid truck company runs a 2002 Pierce Dash 105' quad and a 1980 Pierce Arrow 55' squirt, which have also served them very well, and there are quite a few other companies in our part of the county that are repeat Pierce customers who like their Pierces. The lone exception I know of is one of the other engine companies nearby, which has a 1995(?) Pierce pumper-tanker which has not been very reliable. However, knowing what I do about that company and that particular rig, I'd attribute their problems more to lack of maintenance and their poor specifications (which seem to have emphasized "big" and "cool looking" over "functional") than to Pierce's workmanship, per se.

I'm a Pierce fan, in case you haven't figured that out yet...

Comment

My deparment has an 83' Dash pumper, a 93' Lance pumper, a 02' Enforcer pumper and an 02' Dash quint. We had an 87' mini pumper and an 88' Lance quint that have been retired.

Never any major problems just minor things like Im sure you would find with any make and we put A LOT of miles on our rigs. The 83' has 104k, the 93' has 88k and the 88' quint had 114k when we sold it to another department.

Most of the FDs in my area buy Pierce, including the three largest and busiest. I know of one local Lance telesquirt with 138k on it and still going strong
                        Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                        RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                        Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Pierce of S--T!

No room for the Officer in the Lance
                          No Room for the Crew in the Dash
                          Arrow XT looks decent at best.
                          Quantum has the most room, but looks hideous and is huge
                          Saber is underpowered

We have a fleet of Pierces and I despise them. Seagrave is, in my opinion, the way to go. It's too bad they don't make Hahns or Mack CF600's anymore....Pierce does make a decent TDA though...they have tough Ladders.
                          Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Comment

New Pierce units in Burlington County, NJ

Beverly
                            Burlington Twsp
                            Moorestown
                            Delran
                            Hainesport

All have recently received new pumpers.

Comment

Tiller, I agree about the Lance. If you are an ofc, better make sure you are under 200 lbs, if not movement en route will be impossible. I have seen several of these rigs with mirrors placed so poorly that any ofc over 200 lbs might as well get out for any backing, as mirrors are not visible. No experience with Arrows, Dashes or even Hahns, but I will second your opinion on the old Macks and Seagraves.

Comment

Re: Pierce of S--T!

Originally posted by TillerMan25
                                No room for the Officer in the Lance
                                No Room for the Crew in the Dash
                                Arrow XT looks decent at best.
                                Quantum has the most room, but looks hideous and is huge
                                Saber is underpowered

We have a fleet of Pierces and I despise them. Seagrave is, in my opinion, the way to go. It's too bad they don't make Hahns or Mack CF600's anymore....Pierce does make a decent TDA though...they have tough Ladders.
                                I have no experience with Lances or the Arrow XT, but I'm familiar with/have ridden in a number of Dash units, and crew space isn't a problem on them. It probably depends on which cab configuration you choose, as there are at least three different configurations to choose from. As for power...that's probably a spec issue, as you can get a variety of engine sizes (if not types) in any custom unit. I agree with you on the Quantums, though...the only thing uglier out there right now is that new cab Spartan put out a few years ago. Yikes.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that the Arrow XT is meant to be a stripped-down urban model based loosely on the idea (but not the specific design) of the old CF-series Macks. Might be worth a look-see.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X