Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Wtc News

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For oner thing... it won't turn into a media circus like the first OJ trial....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
      Military justice is still bound by due process. What's the difference?
      He is a foreign terrorist, captured overseas, wanted for committing acts of war against this country.... for starters.

He was not arrested by a police officer, read his Miranda rights, and in general... not treated as a civilian criminal.

Quite honestly, our courts are not set up for this sort of thing. A military tribunal is.
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
        Quite honestly, our courts are not set up for this sort of thing. A military tribunal is.
        I tend to agree. However, I also think that it's a non-traditional "war crime" because the traditional concept of war is gone forever. No longer is our enemy limited to a foreign country, whose combatants will all wear the same uniform and be easy to identify.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cozmosis View Post
          I tend to agree. However, I also think that it's a non-traditional "war crime" because the traditional concept of war is gone forever. No longer is our enemy limited to a foreign country, whose combatants will all wear the same uniform and be easy to identify.
          Sure, but it's closer to war then an arrest after a police investigation.... just ask those guys over their fighting. Its a war.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Quick try that MF-er before Obama changes his mind again.
            Try him? TARGET PRACTICE,he's escaping! T.C.

Comment

• The "civilian" courts are quite capable of handing out justice. Believe me he's not going to walk. A protezoa will be elected President of the United States before that happens. Life in Supermax Colorado or in a miliary prison is still life.
              i know people did not want him to step foot on US soil. There will be a media circus there ( Tim Mcveigh trial) .
              Either way, he is guilty, will be found guilty and hopefully will be executed. It does not matter where he is, heck, try him in the Haige.
              The only difference is the military tribunal is not open to the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1nvestigations View Post
                The only difference is the military tribunal is not open to the public.
                That's what bothers me. Justice should not only be transparent, it should be seen to be transparent. A closed military court is not transparent, nor does it pretend to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 105 View Post
                  That's what bothers me. Justice should not only be transparent, it should be seen to be transparent. A closed military court is not transparent, nor does it pretend to be.
                  That really bothers you? Are you afraid this scum will be railroaded?

Give me a break.

Comment

He is a foreign terrorist, captured overseas, wanted for committing acts of war against this country.... for starters.

He was not arrested by a police officer, read his Miranda rights, and in general... not treated as a civilian criminal.

Richard Reid and Jose Padilla were both tried and convicted in civilian court.

Both are serving long terms in a SuperMax prison.

There was no reason this trial could have been done in a civilian court. The rhetoric is strictly political.....and ridiculous.
                    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

That really bothers you? Are you afraid this scum will be railroaded?

Give me a break.
                      Right. F*ck the trial - we should just throw people in jail without due process. What could possibly go wrong?

Quit confusing defense of the justice system, and a desire to ensure it works properly for *everyone* with defense of the accused. If he's guilty, throw him away - but let's ensure we follow the damned process in the meantime, ok?

And if that bothers you, I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful countries you could move to that have no use for due process of law.

Comment

Right. F*ck the trial - we should just throw people in jail without due process. What could possibly go wrong?

Quit confusing defense of the justice system, and a desire to ensure it works properly for *everyone* with defense of the accused. If he's guilty, throw him away - but let's ensure we follow the damned process in the meantime, ok?

And if that bothers you, I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful countries you could move to that have no use for due process of law.
                        No need, our country finally got it right. He's not a citizen, he was not arrested in the US. Why would this even be considered for a civilian court?

So, in your emotional post, it seems you don't have any specific worries about this case... just throwing out unrelated "what ifs", right?

Comment

No need, our country finally got it right. He's not a citizen, he was not arrested in the US. Why would this even be considered for a civilian court?

So, in your emotional post, it seems you don't have any specific worries about this case... just throwing out unrelated "what ifs", right?
                          Emotional post? Logical defense of due process is emotional now?

Admit it - you just need a hug.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                            Richard Reid and Jose Padilla were both tried and convicted in civilian court.

Both are serving long terms in a SuperMax prison.

There was no reason this trial could have been done in a civilian court. The rhetoric is strictly political.....and ridiculous.
                            Reid and Padilla were arrested on US Soil and Padilla is a US citizen.

There is no reason to try this scumbag in the civilian courts. None.

Comment

Do think this is a civil matter or some sort of incidental criminal matter? Check again with the Brother's and Sister's in our military you might find out it is war not even a criminal matter. You sure act like it. That word you used "Closure"? I haven't forgotten and there is no such thing as "Closure" Lt Ahearn Batt 13 Lost 9-11-01 Never forgotten. Stand behind your comment about it's all emotional? I will refrain from what I think about you. But if you were schooled as a real fireman. That emotional OMG thingy you speak of is and what saved lots of people's lives and plenty of Brother's and Sister's something apparently you know nothing about..You little n/m..... Closure? I am glad to hear you need to give them a nice cute fair trial so you can get your Closure..

FTM PTB RFB

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipeman4 View Post
                                Do think this is a civil matter or some sort of incidental criminal matter? Check again with the Brother's and Sister's in our military you might find out it is war not even a criminal matter. You sure act like it. That word you used "Closure"? I haven't forgotten and there is no such thing as "Closure" Lt Ahearn Batt 13 Lost 9-11-01 Never forgotten. Stand behind your comment about it's all emotional? I will refrain from what I think about you. But if you were schooled as a real fireman. That emotional OMG thingy you speak of is and what saved lots of people's lives and plenty of Brother's and Sister's something apparently you know nothing about..You little n/m..... Closure? I am glad to hear you need to give them a nice cute fair trial so you can get your Closure..

FTM PTB RFB
                                May wanna hit up EMS - think you possibly blew an artery with that rant.

And you just nailed on the head why the justice system is supposed to be unemotional - there is no way in hell anyone could ever get a fair trial under any system if those most closely impacted by the event were allowed to judge the accused.

Whether this is a civil trial or military tribunal (as ChiefKN noted, it appears it is perfectly legal in the US judicial system) the accused deserves a fair trial. Now, in this case, it may be a moot point if he is ready to plead guilty. But that doesn't mean we should skip the "cute fair trial" process. Sorry if that bothers you somehow - but lynchings kinda suck, even if they make people impacted by the event feel good for a little while.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X