X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pete892
    replied
    Something right

There are a number of threads on here bashing firefighters from the slate piece to union bashing to firefighters bashing each other. This thread brought tears to my eyes. Maybe we do a few things right once in a while. I sort of wonder if the bashers have ever had to fight a real fire or have pulled a victim from a building or for that matter a wildfire. We are our own worst enemy. This woman illustrated our strength. Let's get together and work towards the future.

Stay Safe,

Pete

Leave a comment:

• VeryProudWife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PuffyNPFD
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the photo!!

Leave a comment:

• tanker5117
    replied
    WOOF

Leave a comment:

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    When is a MUTT not a MUTT? When it's Man's best friend!

Thanks for the photo!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    A picture is worth a thousand words. A kiss of appreciation from Man's Best Friend is priceless!

Leave a comment:

• VeryProudWife
    replied
    Thanks Heros

Thanks for adding the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Ladder8
    replied
    Sometimes a picture says it all...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hfd66truck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VeryProudWife
    started a topic A Special Word of Thanks

A Special Word of Thanks

Hello All,

I am the Wife of an Engineer in Southern California. Last week my family lost their home in Cedar Glen to the Old Fire. My Mother has asked me to post this special message for her. Her desire is that all Firefighters will take this special thank you to heart. God Bless you.

Amy

Dear Wonderful People,

Last night as I was searching all of the sites for information about the fire, I saw a news media picture (http://www.crestline.sgds.com/thursdayam/) of what appeared to be someone's rescued dog as it was joyfully licking the face of a kneeling, war weary fire fighter in the midst of all of this massive destruction. All I was able to think was;

- Daily cost to fight the fires.....$2,000,000+
    - Overall cost in physical damage.....$28,000,000,000+
    - Gratitude from "All creatures great and small".....priceless.

This image is the closest I have been able to come to expressing the gratitude I feel to all of you emergency support personnel and die hard residents of our mountain who are giving your all and helping in every conceivable way possible. May God truly bless and keep you all safe in His care.

From the bottom of my heart,

Penny Cooper 29794 Redwood Road (burnt) Cedar Glen, CA

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X