Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IACOJ Exclusive!

Fellow crusties:
    You can go to the IACOJ website and read the exclusive interview with Doug Gantenbein, the author of the article, "Smoke and Mirrors: Stop Calling Firefighters Heroes"!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• A Tip of the Leather for our very own Chief Reason for a job well done!
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• ChiefReason wrote
        Fellow crusties:
        You can go to the IACOJ website and read the exclusive interview with Doug Gantenbein, the author of the article, "Smoke and Mirrors: Stop Calling Firefighters Heroes"!
        CR

Cellblock asks:
        Whats the URL? Please post the link for us slow types.

Comment

• Cellblock.

IACOJ website = http://www.iacoj.com Kinda logical really.

Chief Reason. Art, that is excellent. Thanks for showing us the other side in a rational manner.

And it should spark further debate, if it doesn't something is sadly wrong.
          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• was hesiatnat to read and as I said last Sunday I would only read because of the interviewer. Seems a little different to listen to him over there...............still gotta go with a goof .......
            IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
            Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
            "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
            http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

• Maybe it's me...

I registered on the site, but I can't find the article. Can somebody help?
              PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

• George,

Click the "content" link on the upper left portion of the home page. CR's interview is the first item listed. Welcome aboard.

Duff
                "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Comment

• George, if you just registered you may have to wait until your account has been activated before you can access some areas of the site.
                  To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

• Anyone else having problems accessing the website?
                    The best way to take advantage of the many fine features of the site is to apply for membership.
                    Of course, that would include many good articles written by some of the best and brightest of the fire service.
                    Remember; you can only read the interview at www.iacoj.com.;)
                    CR
                    Visit www.iacoj.com
                    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• Kudos to you Art

That was quite a coup.... I still think he's wrong.
                      IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

• i'm also having problems. i registered for the site, but my accout hasn't been activated yet. any idea how long it takes to get that done?
                        If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

• this doesnt go here ...........let me Dr....

BLSboy wrote:

quote:
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          OK Did I make someone mad??
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just did!
                          Chief: Rule #1 is: if there is a problem or you have a question that is problematic, we keep it internal. If you had questions about your application, you should have contacted the membership, re-applied; something along those lines.
                          You're right on one thing: we don't keep applicants swinging in the lurch. You are entitled to know the status of your app.
                          Let me say this:
                          If your app was in somewhere around the last of October when we were having server problems, it may explain why nothing was done with it. It was lost.
                          My suggestion is that you re-submit. If you have any questions on THAT application, i.e. status, please contact me at [email protected].
                          CR

here you go Dr ............
                          IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                          Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                          ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                          RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                          LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                          I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                          "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                          http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X