Any ham radio ops here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ham radio ops here?

Just curiuos how many amateur radio operaters are here active in the forums. My department has 5 licensed amateurs out of 48 members, with 3 more studying to get thier tickets.

KF4PEP
    EM85

I am Not 1 Quite Literally Ugly.

Not very active, though. In fact, you reminded me, this should be the month I received my 10 year renewal, I'll have to go their website tomorrow...
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

I am a Novice class very old school with 5wpm morse planing to get my general soon or whatever they call it now, mi rig is down though the lcd got busted when it fell off my desk because a furry creature of mine. Hope to be up soon i am runnign a 10 Meter

KA1AFB
      "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
      “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
      "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

This is Whiskey Alpha Two Hotel Uniform Quebec QRZ.
        Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
        Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
        On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

KB0YTM here on my dept. there are 4 ham's I have a tec. ticket. We have used ham radio for water supply ops on training burns and fond that it works very well when all other radio channles are busy.
          Last edited by ffbaer; 10-30-2003, 09:27 AM.
          FFBAER

The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

Have a no code tech here. though don't get to use it much. Just renewed it this year.

KD4PPJ
            msharpe1047
            FF II/NREMT-I
            Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Charter Member

Comment

Another No-code Tech here.
              KB3IYT

Comment

Ham Operator

Whisky November Four Greenwich Mean Time /Zero QRZed?

Trying hard to find the time to get back to the hobby!

Keep Safe, Y'all

Jim Mc Carthy, RN/C, FF/EMT-B, Medic Student
                Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt. (When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!)

Comment

KC5SAS here in St Gabriel, Louisiana. Active on VHF/UHF voice and APRS. I'm the only Ham Operator in my department but have installed a Radio Shack 2 meter mobile on the Radio Desk at the Station for comms with State EOC and Red Cross during emergencies. I've attached a Pic of the radio desk. The Ham Rig is mounted on the lower left of the desk.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great to see so many hams here, and great to see amateur radio being worked into some of the activities. I am working on starting to rebuild the ARES group in our county, it existed on paper but was nothing else. Hopefully soon we will be participating in coutywide training and disaster drills to show everyone what a good, and free asset, we can provide.

Worked Germany today on the way to work too! 10m mobile is way too much fun!

Comment

Cellblock--- Before I read that was the FH office, I was getting woried. I was trying to figure out why on earth you ham shack would have a Zetron encoder...
                      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

CQ, CQ, CQ...

Kilo Bravo One India Sierra Romeo, QRZed?

Comment

My girlfriends uncle is supposed to be getting me into it next time he comes up again.
                          IACOJ

Comment

KD5YFS-(technician) 06/2003

Member of the Port Chester Volunteer/Paid Fire Department,NY, now living in Fort Worth,TX.
                            Last edited by rescuedude92; 11-02-2003, 05:53 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X