Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the specifics so I don't know how well I can reply to this, but I *believe* in my area if one is building a new house or adding a new addition of more than 1000 sq ft, they are required to install sprinklers. A problem which we have is that a large majority of us are on individual wells, so we are required to additionally install a large cistern to hold the water for the sprinkler system.

Comment

Sprinklers in the home WILL save lives. Sprinklers in commerical aircraft will save even more.

Comment

Sprinklers in the home, great idea.

"Sprinklers in commerical aircraft will save even more."

Great idea too. Unfortunately the added weight of the water will reduce the number of passengers and cargo they can carry, thus reducing the amount of money they will make so it probably won't happen.

Comment

I don't think deaths from fires in aircrafts are that numerous as compared to deaths from fires in residences. It seems that people die in aircraft emergencies from the sudden impact with the ground more than the resultant fire. But, a unique type of extingusher system for aircraft may make Islander rich if he/she wants to spend the time and research to make it work.

Meanwhile, the myths portrayed to the public by Hollywood are exacerbated by the ignorance about and the lack of support for sprinklers from the fire service in general.

Comment

The fire service should do more to promote this life saving system! A Town in our area had a sprinkler law ready for a vote, but the builders lobbied the pols to vote it down. What a shame, the FD in that Town really fought for it. My "B" job happens to be Building Inspector. I plan on approaching our local developer on this issue. I hope to convince him to at a minimum offer sprinklers. Our Village might consider such a law, but I'll try the developer first (but I won't hold my breath)

------------------
            Mark
            West Point NY FD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse