Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call

I was just curious to know how many career departments still take roll call at the beginning of each shift? Do you also recieve your riding assignments during this time?

We don't do a formal role call, but we meet prior to shift change and swap our gear for the next arriving shift.

Comment

No roll call, we sit at the kitchen table and talk every morning. By the time the BS session is over all information has been exchanged and understood. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Comment

No "formal" roll call...

Most firefighters await their relief on the apparatus floor, exchange information and then the turnouit swaps are made.

We have a daily roster sheet that lists who is in, who is out and for what reason. The roster sheet also has the riding/radio assignments, which is faxed up to Fire Alarm. If someone were to hit their emergency button, Fire Alarm will know which radio and the firefighter assigned to it.

The information is relayed to the outstations, so the Lt's in both houses will know the information.
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

No roll call. The city/dept. does not care who is there, as long as 4 warm bodies are manning the engine. No riding assignments... I ride left side jumpseat, unless I'm detailed somewhere, or it's my turn to drive when the engineer is off.
          http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
          Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Comment

Just a thought, do you mean roll call at the station, or a department wide roll call? At 12 noon our dept. has a roll call of all the stations, basically a base station radio check. Then every morning at about 7:30 or 8:00 we have a radio check by district. Our city is broken down into 7 districts, and one a day is done at that time. My district is 3-0 (pronounced 3 oh) and being the third, we always have ours on Tuesday.
            http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
            Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader