Unusual Levy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Levy?

A water levy?? What the hell are they thinking? Give the people a break. The citizenry pay enough in taxes to support the department and the town, why should they have to pay for water, something that should be naturally free and easy to get?

I work with a department here in Oklahoma that works the same way almost. They have their own little association for their fire protection district. They charge $25 per call if you're a member and $250/hr per truck that they are out. The average barn fire takes what, 8-12 hours depending on the size of the barn involved and the contents? We're looking at over $13,000 in charges just for that one barn.

In my opinion, I think it discourages people that aren't pressured into joining the "association" from calling the fire department. I'd rather die or let it burn. A funeral is cheaper and insurance could cover the structure. I think it's a dirty business they run. EMS billing I could understand, but firefighting? Imagine getting losing everything you own and then getting an invoice from the fire department for over $13,000! I'd be sure to vote against the levy when one comes around. That'll give them the message that they need to go somewhere else with that.

They don't even follow OSHA or NFPA guidelines... of course they have SCBA and PPE, but they use it incorrectly or not at all and most of them don't even have the qualifications to be around fire. I feel like I need a tetanus shot whenever I go up there, which I do rarely. Nothing is clean or maintained properly but I let them do thier own thing since they don't want my opinion because I'm a "big city boy and big city boys don't know nothin' about country fires." Famous last words...

Crazy Mid-Westerners

R.J. my brotha,

I feel your pain...We must fight, this demon, know as a country fireman. He is a myth that will destroy ALLLLLL of us, and send us into eternal damn-nation!

I feel that satan is at work here...We must fight this demonic beast with the word of GAWD!!! When we get that word of GAWD, we shall rise up from every mountain, valley, and low lying dry river bed to combat these...forces of EEEEVIL!

When we defeat the beast we shall cry out, and our children shall cry out:

FREE AT LAST!! FREE AT LAST!! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST!!!

[email protected] R.J.!!! Now look at what you've gone and done! You've released my black reverend side!!

Seriously, these people need to get a grip if they think they will survive pulling the country boy crap that they are pulling!

Be safe all!
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X