No announcement yet.

Number of SCBA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a REALLY tough crowd........the 1 3/4 works well for you on the reels ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Yeah - the rules for some of the parade judging are a little over the top. But it does give you a first rate look at your apparatus. It gets it clean, and it identifies possible maintenance problems.

Kinda stupid-- but it can also help.

When we attend parades that are going to be judged, we usually pick one piece of apparatus that will be judged, and put all of our effort into that truck. Next parade - we do a different truck.

It can be frustrating to have a piece 'parade clean' and then have the tones drop....
      Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
      "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

can relate to that we just had a open house and dedication ceramony for our new station. We just finshed cleaning the last truck to show everything of and guess what. We were not even out of the station after all the work and got a structure fire down a dirt road.

Started all over when we got back to the station-all 5 trucks
        Les Hartford
        Assistant Chief
        LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Comment

I know exactly what ya mean by not having enuff space for extra SCBA's TURK.On our pumper(which is a 3 man cab),we only carry 2 30 minute bottles and 2 15 minute bottles...ALL with no spares.The only reason for this is becuase we have no more SCBA's and we cant afford more so were lookin for a couple via donation..we dont even have a SCBA filler so were very easy on how much air we use...
          On R4(the utility truck)...theres 2 15 minute bottles on there with 2 spares plus another 15 minute "personal" bottle.On the tanker..there is none but once we get a couple more 30 minute bottles for the pumper then well be pulling the 15 minute setups off the pumper and putting them on the tanker.

Donna C
          Fire Chief
          Bridge Canyon VFD
          http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader