No announcement yet.

cameras on scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We carry a digital camera on our rescue truck, and I have a digital video camera which I take to scenes when I can. I get permission from the company officer before I start shooting, and it rarely goes past our department's walls, or, ultimately, our web site. They definitely don't go to any media outlets.

--j.
    --jay.

Comment

I keep a digital camera with me when working. I don't bother with it on scenes until after I've got time after I've done my assignment. On fire scenes that is usually arond the time we start rehabing. I will snap a few pics while sipping water and cooling down. On wrecks I usually get a few good shots of the damaged vehicles after the ambulance has left with any patients as we wait for a wrecker. In our department rescue truck we have a digital camera and a poloroid. We take pics of scenes for our station scrapbook but they aren't seen by insurance agents or the public. I keep a VHS camcorder on the dash of my POV for recording my Code-3 runs. I turn it on in my driveway and record until I get to the station or the scene. It's come in handy when motorists with a grudge against the department have filed false 'reckless operation' reports on us when we respond to calls. The police and fire Chiefs will review my run tape with me and see that I had not 'forced' anyone over or drove crazy. After the cams got me out of a couple of jams our Chief decided that we needed video cams in our Rescue and first out pumper. We experimented with cheap VHS cams but they didn't take the vibrations and beatings that occur inside our trucks so we will be investing in a 'real' system from a police supply vendor.
      Be Safe,

Comment

We have an "old-timer" who responds to most calls in his vehicle equipped with a still camera and video camera. His job on the scene is invalubale, as we can critique our fires in "real-time"! We have footage/photos for the last 15 years of every type of incident you can imagine.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X