Mass. law question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass. law question?

Im interested in what the MGL say about volly dept. hiring practices.

My beef is I have had a application in for close to 2 years on one dept and another for close to a year in another and my name is on a third. They claim there is a hiring freeze. Then the Chief tells me he just hired someone ahead of me. Also there was a and are from time to time articles in the local paper about how they cant get anyone during the day and all three of said departments are in there saying they have no manpower. Dunno it just gets fustrateing for me when I read these artcles and im so avalible its not funny.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Don't mean to be offensive..but I'd have to ask..is there something you did that would make them not want you to come on board? Been in trouble with the law? Anything like that?

Comment

If there is no legal problem with you or your history than i would recommend sending a letter to the head of the town government or town administrator saying what you have said and ask for some action. Also ask for a reply in writing so if they try and deny your claim than they will have to provide a reason in writing.

what area of mass are you in???
      Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
      New England FOOL
      "LEATHER FOREVER"
      As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

Nope,I understand and I aint offended. I have never ever had a run in with the law and got a clean record.

Sham, Northshore.

Comment

If he is a strong Chief (I believe is MGL Section 48), then he can do whatever he wants as far as hiring, firing, etc.

Somebody on the Dept know you? Dislike you maybe?

Dave

Comment

No,Dave I think the problem is I DON'T know anyone on these departments.

Does it change anything being a POC dept.?

Comment

Nope, strong Chief is strong Chief, as least that is how I understand it. Have you spoken to him about the hiring the other guy thing? Sit him down, persuade him a little...

Comment

How could I sit him down without it seeming that I'm second guessing his judgement?

Comment

I'm also on the Northshore pm me w/ what towns and i'll have a better idea of advice beyond what i have already given. And as to volly or paid call it all depends on the depts sops/bylaws.
                  Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
                  New England FOOL
                  "LEATHER FOREVER"
                  As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader