HELP...Chief Training Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...Chief Training Needed

Hello, I am actively looking for some certifiable or accredited Chiefs training for our county...if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Not necessarily ICS etc.. but more pr/budget/strat/tact...etc..Thanks

Michigan has adopted a class from the University of Maryland for its Fire Officer I and II programs. It deals with pretty much everything you are requesting. It is a very intensive class and very informative.

I am currently enrolled in the Fire Officer II program and still learning more even though it is the same Fire Officer command book.

You might check with your state training council and see what they have to offer.

Good Luck
    Les Hartford
    Assistant Chief
    LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Comment

You may want to recommend Oklahoma State University's masters degree in fire and emergency Management, It is essentially the same degree as what a city manager has but has the emphassis in the special issues that face the fire service. Budgeting, Human Resources, Public Management, Program Evaluation are some of the generals, but the specifics are Emergency management, risk assessment, Administrative law, fire and emergency services.

Any interest in the program can be directed to me at

(405) 744-5606 or at [email protected]

Comment

The Eastern Carolina Firemans Association has a seminar in Hamstead (Wilmington Area) on the weekend of Oct 11-12. They have classes in fire attack, Leadership, command etc. Very good school and Hamstead has a really good training system.

You can get more information by calling 910-270-3069.
        "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Comment

Here's one......

Try www.MFRI.org

Lots of good stuff there. I would also sugguest that any training that you do can, and should, be referenced to the National Pro Board Certification requirements. You will be doing a big favor to your students. Stay Safe....
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Try this...

If youre looking to fill positions, try sending your
            job vacancy to the following sources-

www.firecareers.com and
            www.firerecruit.com

Comment

you do can, and should, be referenced to the National Pro Board Certification requirements.
              NC is an IFSAC state....Pro Board is ok but to challenge around here is a pain in the ...
              "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X