Chieftan 1910 Helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chieftan 1910 Helmets?

Does anyone use/have used them? I am ordering one and was wondering what everyone thanks about them.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

If that is the traditional style helmet, I would be very cautious. I know for a fact that recently Chieftain had a flaw in their curing process. This causes the paint to not set up correctly. This flaw will cause the paint to chip off it very big pieces with the slightest bump. Even just laying it down on the dash and bumping the window may cause the paint to chip off. They say that this will not compromise the structural integrity of the helmet....but......I would not want to be the one to test it.

This is a fact.... I know of several departments in this area that have had all or a majority of their Chieftain Helmets do this.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I've got one and have not had any of these problems...yet.

I got mine because someone on my dept. sells them and got me a good deal.

If I had to pay full price and couldn't get a leather, I'd probably get a Ben2.

Just my opinion.
      FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

When I spoke to them on this problem the main plant in Florida indicated that they were not sure how many this effected and had no way of determining until they received calls questioning the problem. One would think that they would issue a re-call.
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Go with a morning pride Ben2 I love mine. It takes the punishment,looks like a leather helmet but is a bit lighter.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X