Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ff7134
    replied
    i had two holes in the fingers of my Firefighters. So I bought some Nomex thread and sewed them shut. I have to have a pair of backups .
    the elkskins are great.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    I am glad I got a pair before they "upgraded"............also had a pair of Tempo's now those really sucked, I am hearing alot of good things here about elkskin gloves.

Leave a comment:

• ff7134
    replied
    Weruj1

Those are from American Fire Glove Co. I did use the Firefighter gloves till they "upgraded" them and ruined the linings. they now come out when you pull them off. I now have a pair of X2's from the same company they are Elkskin and work great.

Leave a comment:

• explr985
    replied
    I have 2 pairs, one set I bought and the others were give to me. The ones I bought were some of the 22 dollar ones out of galls I think and the have a great fit, and the other ones I keep in a ziplock bag in my gear pocket, so I will have a dry pair.

Leave a comment:

• fyrgrunt
    replied
    The best fire gloves I've used are the Shelby's, after wearing them one time I will never go back to the Firefighter series of gloves.

Leave a comment:

• mstclair190
    replied
    E229Lt.....I've personnally never worn them, but a couple of guys in the department still have a pair in use sometimes. Say their great for just keeping your hands warm in the winter.

As far as gloves go, I currently am using the Shelby Firewall pigskin gloves for fires. They hold up well and aren't too bad comfort wise. My routine is pretty similiar to 33motor's. If my gloves get soaked, then I break out my spare pair for future calls. Unless we get another fire, then I just use the wet ones for the same reasons mentioned. Back at the station, I clean them up and let them dry out while I'm off-duty. Whenever I wash my bunkers, I just throw them in the washer too.

I use a pair of Ringers gloves for extrication, general purpose needs. I have a third pair of fire gloves available in my personal set of bunkers I use for my EMS job in my truck if needed.

Leave a comment:

• choad33
    replied
    The three gloves that I have used and love the best in no order are the american fireware glove

http://www.rescueconcepts.com/amfirecfirgl.html

The glove that is sold by the flash over people

http://www.swedesurvival.com/swede-gear.asp

and a plain old pair of wells lamont black thin leather gloves at $15 a pair I have a few for rescue, clean up, overhaul etc.

Leave a comment:

• colfireman
    replied
    Have used many diffrent brands over the last number of years. Currently we issue Tempo gloves. There stand up to alot of abuse and when they are wet there still easy to work woth. They don't go hard after you wash and dry them either.Tempo Glove.Just my own 2 cents worth

Leave a comment:

• Tanker61
    replied
    Gloves....

Currently use Galls elkskin gauntlet gloves. Properly maintained, not a problem in the world. If I could afford them, I would get Morning Pride "Sleeve Mates". Remember boys and girls, you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    LOL............the red rubber non isulated easy freeze ones ?

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied
    Anyone here ever wear Fireballs?

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    I cannot recall right now who makes them but the gloves that have FIREFIGHTER II across the tops of them for me are the best ! They lack some dexterity but have held up well for me. I hate ones when you take your hand out the liner (?)comes with it.

Leave a comment:

• 33motor
    replied
    You must really be proud of those gloves!
    LOL, Years ago when I was in the academy they would come around and ask, "who kneeds gloves"... I always raised my hand (they never took the old ones). After that, when my gloves got bad, I just asked my DC for new ones. That's how I have kept a good supply handy.

I'm talking about gloves..that are being contantly used...day shift..night shift..........
    I'll try to answer as best I can. We work 24 on and 48 off. If I make a fire early in the shift, I do what I mentioned before. But, I keep the wet gloves as well as the dry on the motor (engine) with me. If we make another fire, I usually will just wear the wet ones again, after all, they get wet fast anyway. I try to keep the dry ones for calls that may require gloves, but usually won't get wet. We are also issued a pair of leather work gloves, so it's usually a matter of picking what glove you want for whatever call.

Leave a comment:

• ullrichk
    replied
    I am fortunate to have two sets of gear issued. That gets me through most shifts. Sometimes, though, I just suck it up and pull on the wet ones - never fun on those 20 degree (F)nights.

I have run my gear through the extraction cycle only on our washer to spin out most of the water when everything is soaking wet. It helps some.

Leave a comment:

• Sub16Green
    replied
    Urrrrrmm?

Not being funny or wishing to insult but...

I'm talking about gloves..that are being contantly used...day shift..night shift..........

Great at the change of shift..if yer been off, all dry...but after 2/3 wears in jobs in one night/day shift...........????

Even after being issued with 2 pairs..(ha ha ha, no chance of that here).........

What are your gloves doing for you??????????

Marts

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X