Shove Knife... how to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shove Knife... how to use?

I just got a shove knife in, I didn't set out to order it but was getting a few helmet stickers and needed something to get up to the minimum order.

Now that I have it, how do I use it? Anyone give me a quick 30 second class? I know its for opening doors, but a little background would be good before I get home and start tearing up the locks.....

If we're talking about the same thing.....

For doors that open toward you. Go in with the blade above the latch, handle held up at a high angle, and shove down. In theory, the blade starts the latch sliding back into the door, clearing the jamb, and the door opens. In theory. Go practice, It doesn't harm the door, jamb, or lock. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

what about from the other side

How do you use the shove knife from the other side of the door? What are the other notches on the knife for? Can you open a door with molding?

Comment

Shove Knife

You can shove the Knife between the molding and the door frame. On metal doors it is obviously not going to work. There are training manuals to do thru the lock forcible entry

Comment

How do you use the shove knife from the other side of the door?
          Depending if the doorstop is solid or not, if it is nailed in you could pry it out and put your shove knife in rest the notch on the latch and press forward. Same motions as what hwoods describes just reversed.

Comment

Stab from the waist up--that way you're more likely to hit the soft parts of the body, instead of the ribcage or the skull.
            Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

They work great for scraping stickers off of helmets, too.
              Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                Stab from the waist up--that way you're more likely to hit the soft parts of the body, instead of the ribcage or the skull.
                You forgot twisting motion, dont forget the twisting motion more trauma.

Comment

Originally posted by radioguy View Post
                  I just got a shove knife in, I didn't set out to order it but was getting a few helmet stickers and needed something to get up to the minimum order.

1. Take any metal object.
                  2. Sharpen to a sharp point or edge.
                  3. When in the yard shank your nearest rival gang member in the lower back near the kidneys 13 times and leave for dead.

Oooops is this not RikersIsland.blogchat.com??? My bad.

FTM-PTB

ps-I see Johnny beat me to the 1st obnoxious post.

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
                    1. Take any metal object.
                    2. Sharpen to a sharp point or edge.
                    3. When in the yard shank your nearest rival gang member in the lower back near the kidneys 13 times and leave for dead.

Oooops is this not RikersIsland.blogchat.com??? My bad.

FTM-PTB

ps-I see Johnny beat me to the 1st obnoxious post.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by 50midan View Post
                      How do you use the shove knife from the other side of the door?
                      If you're on the other side of the door aren't you inside?? If that's the case just unlock the door and let yourself out..
                      . .Remember, try before you pry.

Comment

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
                        If you're on the other side of the door aren't you inside?? If that's the case just unlock the door and let yourself out..
                        . ..
                        Um, not necessarily. Most residential doors open IN, don't they? Meaning that the jamb is on your side (the outside). Commercial doors may be a different story.
                        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                        Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Yes...That's probably what he meant. But I had to run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
                            They work great for scraping stickers off of helmets, too.
                            lmao

what stemmie stickers did you get?????

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...