Morning Pride Ben-2 helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Pride Ben-2 helmets

Thinking about picking up a Morning Pride Ben 2 helmet for myself. Looking for some input from those of you already wearing it so..what do you think of them? Good, bad or otherwise....you input is appreciated.

Stay Safe.

Love my Ben2--heavy helmet but the ride is sooo good.

If you fit the headband correctly, the helmet will not come off unless you're upside down.
    "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Comment

A Ben 2 is the best in pleather.
      Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
      New England FOOL
      "LEATHER FOREVER"
      As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

I say thumbs down with this, rides to high and dont care for the 'hard hat style" impact liner...............1010 all the way. Or if I could get my Chief to roll with it I would not mind trying a cow on my head !
        IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
        Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
        ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
        RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
        LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
        I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
        "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
        http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree with Weruj1 on this one. I have not owned a Ben 2 but I have seen 'em before. From what I have seen, the 1010 is a much beter helmet if going with a composite. I have a 1010 that I have used for years, and I love it. I'm going to get a leather (N6A) in the near future. I have been putting it off, but the prices keep getting higher so I figured it was time.
          http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
          Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Comment

Haven't really been around lately things have gotten hectice but It's not like anyone missed me So now it's time to dive right back into some discussion, I personally use a Ben 2 plus, I've used a 660 Metro and a 1010. I love my Ben 2 I wouldn't trade that helmet for anything, It is a bit heavy but no heavier than a Leather, It wears great and I have yet to discover a problem with it, But It's my opinion
            NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
            IAEP Local 152
            "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Comment

I have had a Benny II for 8 years and love it. It rides so well it's like wearing a baseball cap. I can wear a Benny all day and not even notice it unlike others that make your head itch or fall off your head. Very durable and built for tough firefighters.

My department issues them now in the last year. We studied just about every helmet out there and compared price, safety, durability, comfort and compatability. The ONLY drawback of a Benny II was it was a little more expensive than the rest. I think the safety features are better too. I can live with a 1010 being a close second but the Benny is best!

Keep your head down and your powder dry.
              Jason Knecht
              Firefighter/EMT
              Township Fire Dept., Inc.
              Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
              http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
              EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Hmmm...seems like a 50/50 split on whose who like it & those who don't. I held a Ben2 (w/ goggles) at a show a while back & it seemed light enough but a lot of the replies seem to say it's kinda heavy. I'm also concerned about the potential for a "high ride"...can't stand the helmet falling off my head so that's gonna be an issue.
                Think I'll wait for a few more opinions and then make the decision. Thanks for the input so far. Stay Safe.

Comment

Got my Ben II a few months back and I love it. I haven't had any problem with it falling off (that's why they put that chin strap thing there ). It's very comfortable and the rachet adjusts easily to your head size. Try a few different brands/types out and find what you are most comfortable with.

Comment

I love my Ben 2 . stationed with Navy In a tropical enviroment it is nice and comfortable in the heat and humidy.and with ESS goggles.

Comment

Yup....

Originally posted by flathead
                      Got my Ben II a few months back and I love it. I haven't had any problem with it falling off (that's why they put that chin strap thing there ). It's very comfortable and the rachet adjusts easily to your head size. Try a few different brands/types out and find what you are most comfortable with.
                      Exactly...tried on every type of tactical tupperware in the under 200 bucks price range and couldn't beat the comfort (and value) of the Ben-2. It's a little heavier for me b/c I have the 4" faceshield, but now that I have it completey adjusted, it rides like a dream!! The only thing I don't like is the hard-hat style impact dome, I would rather have it like my old 660c!!

In a couple of years (once I've saved my pennies), I'll buy a Phenix leather...tried one on last week and LOVED it! I'll take my Ben-2 until, then!!!

Later!!
                      Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Comment

The Ben II is a great helmet but watch out for the color. The white ones turn yellow from sun degradation. Morning Pride has been standing behind these and is replacing the shells at no cost.

Comment

Ben2

I love my Ben 2 it gives the great look of a leather but with a little less weight. I love the inner lining it's comfortable and fits my head perfectly. As for the 1010 I think it is a bit to flimsy. And I would not allow myself to be seen in a metro.

Comment

Waterboy,
                            You are correct, it now looks like I am wearing a peach when I HAVE to wear it as a spare piece..............LOL>.....
                            IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                            Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                            "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                            http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

I've worn a Ben II for the last 6 years or so (that's what the FD provides) and it is OK, but it rides too high for my liking. I've seen others that I'd rather have, but don't really want to spend the money.....

As for the color...... Yes the white does yellow, but it's not just from the sunlight. Flourescent lights will also cause it to discolor. 1 of our old chief's helmet hardly ever left the station and it got pretty yellowed just from sitting on the gear rack.
                              The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                              We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                              IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X