thoughts/experience on Cat C-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts/experience on Cat C-12

Just wondering if any of you had any experience with the Cat C-12 or C-13 engines, in comparison to the Detroit Diesel 60 Series.

Thoughts/opinions?

Not Much......

Quite a while back, I drove a Ford C8000 pumper with a 3208 Cat in it. Good solid dependable engine, built by E1 with a Hale 1250 pump and 500 gal tank Problem was the Cat was coupled to an Allison automatic transmission. Kids on bikes would beat me to the fire. A nearby company had a similar unit, except they had a straight stick with a 2 speed rear. That was one fast little sucker..... Automatic Trans was the problem, rather than the motor. Now, the absolute best there ever was..... A Detroit 8V92TA coupled to a Allison HT70 automatic. Big? Yup! Bad? Yup! Got me and my Sutphen Tower everywhere we wanted to go. Very, Very, Quick. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Better buy the bike!

Say Woods!Comparing the 3208 to a C-12 is like comparing a Yugo powerplant to an 8V-92TT.In other words:No comparison.If you got the "gold"a Cat is hard to beat.Expensive to fix when broken,but they don't break very often.I've worked arond 425 Cats for a long time and they are good dependable engines with plenty of torque.If I remember correctly,these are now known as C-14s.I've got a 3208 in my tow truck and it's like kicking a flat football down the road.Easy on fuel,short on grunt.T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X