eye glass adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye glass adapter

i'm looking for a website that has the adapter so people who wear glasses can have them in their scba mask. anyone know of a site or sites that have them?

thanks.

search this thread for "eyeglasses" did not read it
    but there was a long discussion 2 or 3 pages back

Comment

I found that thread:Eyeglasses & mask thread
      Jaime
      No longer an explorer-
      Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
      KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
      I shed blood for my ruggers.
      <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
      www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

i was once told that eye glasses shouln't be worn inside an scba mask because the pressue inside could break them. is there any truth to that?

Comment

??

There is not nearly enough air pressure to damage any glasses, but the physical pressure causd by the rubber straps on regular frames would probably bend them (but that is the least of your worries).

Ordinary glasses will definitely compromise your seal, and expose you to the IDLH atmosphere. They must not be worn with SCBA!

The specialty inserts are quite common these days and apparently work very well.
          Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Try this

It depends on what kind of SCBA's you have. Check with whoever you buy/service your airpacks with. They all have some kind of insert for their respective masks. Hope that helps.

Comment

Check with Criss optical mfg.co.316-529-0414
              box12267,wichita,kansas 67277

sorry don't have an e-mail this address is several years old

they were used under US gas mask
              Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

Comment

SCBA Vision correction:

I STRONGLY urge anyone who wears corrective lenses to do the following:

-1. Read the following thread carefully:
                http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...hlight=glasses

This is a link to a thred which we had going within the last 2 weeks or so. It has some valuable information contained within regarding this subject.

-2. Contact the manufacturer/sales rep of your SCBA and ask for an accessories catalog/and/or SCBA Spectacle kits. Your glasses that you wear everyday are NOT acceptable- Under 29 CFR 1910.134 (OSHA Respiratory Protection Standards) there can be NO penetration of the face piece seal WHATSOEVER.

Someone will most likely post that he/she uses an old style Military-style spectacle kit that uses a rubber strap. This is NO LONGER acceptable, even the US Military NO LONGER allows the use of this device.

-3. Obtain the manufacturer-approved spec kit for your SCBA and use it in good health, BUT DO NOT BUY IT YOURSELF. Again, under 29 CFR 1910.134, your employer (And volunteers are considered EMPLOYEES, NO IFFS, ANDS OR BUTTS......) is REQUIRED to provide corrective spectacle kits AND lenses FOR YOU. Many volunteer chiefs like to argue that since you are not paid, you are not an employee, and therefore, they dont have to pay for it. WRONG!!!!! You are LEGALLY AN EMPLOYEE. Even if you are not an OSHA state, your state must adopt standards or legislation that are equivalent to, or supercede OSHA requirements.

Hope this helps!

FWDbuff- defender of the visionally challenged firefighter with a cheap line of command! (They CRINGE when I say "Under 29 CFR........ ")

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB!
                "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Does no one know how to use the search button?
                  Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

The What Button??
                    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

originally posted my mcaldwell
                      The What Button?
                      Exactly!!
                      Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse