Straghit Stream -v- Fog Nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Rosas!!

We've still got a couple of these around! Got a 2-1/2" fog nozzle TWIST-ON!!! Talk about a bugger to operate! It looks much better in a display cabinet than on a preconnect, thats fer sure!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

hwoods...

I am aware of those nozzles, but I would hardly put those in the same class as a regular combination nozzle. There is quite a difference between a combo nozzle with a smoothbore integrated into it and a combo nozzle with a stem that the water has to flow around.

I still stand by my prior statement that no combination nozzle can make a solid stream.

FyredUp
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Here we go again..........

DING DING!!

Round 1..............
        The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
        We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
        IACOJ

Comment

OK First things First I didn't mean to dig this thread up from the dead, From everyones tone it's sounds like I'm beating the dead horse but I'm only looking for opinions as to what works/what doesn't work for a Smoothbore 1 3/4 attack lines! If I wanted sarcasm I would have asked nicely for it! Not that we have that out of the way I was curious if anyone has a picture of a Hi-Pressure Nozzle it would help too!...Stay Safe
          NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
          IAEP Local 152
          "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Comment

From everyones tone it's sounds like I'm beating the dead horse but I'm only looking for opinions as to what works/what doesn't work for a Smoothbore 1 3/4 attack lines!

And that's why people were saying to use the "search" function of the forums. You will find multiple threads in this same topic and none of them are different.......... They all end up the same way. You have some people that swear by smooth bores and others who will only use combinations. Each nozzle may work better or worse depending on the situation. Just do us a favor and at least look through the other forums on this subject, because it looks like it's already starting to get ugly in here.......
            The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
            We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
            IACOJ

Comment

Heck, this isn't getting ugly yet.

And besides, I even said my volly FD uses both types of nozzles.

Rescuehoppy...

The most common sizes of smoothbores used on 1 3/4" lines are generally the 7/8" that flows around 160 gpm at 50 psi and the 15/16 which flows 182 gpm at 50 psi.

FyredUp
              Crazy, but that's how it goes
              Millions of people living as foes
              Maybe it's not too late
              To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

It's not the nozzle, it's the person operating it.
                "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

You mean y'all still get nozzels?? After all the budget cuts
                  we are left holding our thumbs over the end of the hose

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse