Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42VTExplorer
    replied
    Is Station One the facility that has the hydrant display? I was looking at the four and now I can't remember what the outside looked like!

Leave a comment:

• lilsisterosceol
    replied
    lutan1, come on over

If you come over to Florida Lutan1, Disney is on me, k.

Email Firehouse.com and I will tell you how to collect your 3 free park hoppers.

Leave a comment:

• lutan1
    replied
    lilsisterosceol I won't tell anyone else about the t^%$*@s then- ssshhh, it's a secret...

Groovy looking stations!

The only stuff I know about Disney World is what Oprah showed everyone on her program a while ago!!! (Not that I watch Oprah, I just happened to be in the same room.... )

Sounds like a pretty cool place to work???

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    Pictures of all four Reedy Creek fire stations...
    http://www.state.fl.us/rcid/notes/facilities.html

Leave a comment:

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    Aren't they called utilidors?

Shhhhh, quiet Ed...don't spoil the magic..LOL

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    oh dont take it personal .........I was NO WHERE near in charge of this visit. I do promise when I return to make the connection. Stayed in Ft Myers and drove to Disney ...........

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    werju1.....you were in florida and did not look me up???

Leave a comment:

• lilsisterosceol
    replied
    LOL

Yup, that's the word. I really didn't know the secret till I was pixie dusted, even partners must be pixie dusted, had to place some bandages on tattoos, the guys with facial air totally freak when told they had to shave, our CEO had to step in and save their beards, ha! Some people are all weird about Disney and stuff. While looking for more firestation pic's I have come across some really weird Disney fan club stuff and if you really want a glimpse into the absurd, check this out.

http://www.34747.org/forum/display_f....asp?ForumID=1

Leave a comment:

• lutan1
    replied
    I think "tunnels" is the word that lilsisterosceol is not meant to be saying!

tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels tunnels

Leave a comment:

• lilsisterosceol
    replied
    Reeedy Creek

cozmosis, Reedy Creek is what Florida gets for selling it's soul to Walt Disney! Your right, the firefighters there are not treated with the same opportunities as the rest of the world. It is it's own district. Orange and Osceola Counties sort of stop where Reedy Creek begins. I know Reedy Creek runs mutal aid for Osceola County, we had a large warehouse fire and Reedy Creek was right there side by side with Osceola county, but I don't know how often they respond off what we call property. They seem to keep quite busy.

They cruise around PI in a nifty little "stretched" golf cart that is basically a scaled down ambulance...stretcher and all.
    There is a real purpose for those little carts. I believe they are used to move patients through the "^&$$$^*^". I have been pixie dusted so I am not allowed to reveal the secret of how things are moved like patients, food, cast members, garbage, not necesarily in that order. But tis true the golf carts are used in more areas than PI.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    PINK???????????????????????????????

The station is pink to match the Flamingos, Right?

Leave a comment:

• lilsisterosceol
    replied
    Not too many frosts here

I also was not aware there were open air stations in Orlando, I thought and have always heard Orlando has a big fat budget and I didn't doubt it as my Dad had difficulty breathing one time I was at his house and the City of Orlando responded with the mother of all ladder trucks. I think my county has two and so far we only have enough trained personnel to drive one of them, ha!

We do have open air stations in my county, but that is because the citizens allowed the county to make Public Safety sooooo unimportant there was barely a budget at all. Well maybe that isn't how it came down, it probably has more to do with expecting our elected officials to see to our Public Safety needs. We thought if we just worked our jobs to bring home the bacon and voted our commissioners would see to our Public Safety needs, NOT!

LOL, I know I am preaching to the choir right? Public safety faired much better in the budget process this year and soon the open air stations will be gone, gone, gone. Some of our firefighters and rescue personnel were actually getting physically ill from the mold in those darn, what do you call those, pre-fabricated tin cans?

Hope you enjoyed yourselves in our fair little cowtowns, Orange and Osceola Counties!
    Last edited by lilsisterosceol; 03-27-2004, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LeuitEFDems
    replied
    I stopped down twice this past year (nov and dec) when I was down in Orlando visitng my girlfriend, and I have to say, the Reedy Creek guys are awesome. I stopped by the station posted by Lilsis (it's on Buena Vista Blvd correct Lilsis?) I do have to say, the pink, checkerboard station was a little weird...but it's on Disney propery, can't expect the norm there... I also met up with a few of the Medics patrolling Pleasure Island. They stage a rig in the parking lot outside the main entrance at a little chack with 4 red lights on top. They cruise around PI in a nifty little "stretched" golf cart that is basically a scaled down ambulance...stretcher and all. I also visted some Orange Co stations and was suprised to see some of them are "open air" stations with a canopy covering the rigs and a "contractors trailer" as a base. I guess it's me comming from the northeast with heated garages that it suprised me. I also suprised them when they found out that fire trucks can be made into 4x4 vehicles. I showed them a pic of our newest engine that's 4x4 and they almost fell over. To each area there own I guess

Leave a comment:

• lilsisterosceol
    replied
    Is that the ugly pink one?

Looks like the rescue apparatus is at one station and fire apparatus at another, but I can't be certain. I wasn't even aware there was one additional station behind the only McDonald's on Disney Property.
    Weruj1, I wish you could have seen it, it is the bomb digity! Oh yeah, it is true the station is shared with the Orange County Sheriff. I suppose after a few libelous private police incidents, Reedy Creek did the only right thing and allowed the proper law enforcement for each county to handle policing. Part of Disney is in Orange County and part of Disney is in Osceola County, which is my county.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    Just got back from there on Wed of this week, went by the station off Buena Vista ..............did not know they opened another new station ..........hope for more pics !

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X