X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tripperff
    replied
    I couldn't help noticing......

...the originator of this post has yet to reply to offer any sort of identification. hhhhmmmmmmmm....I sure as heck wouldn't talk to whoever it is. Oh yea, just out of curiosity and boredom I checked the profile for the e-mail address he posted....not much info there....DEFINITELY not enough to get me to cough up anything more than my stock answer to the press...."find somebody with a white helmet"

Leave a comment:

• SamsonFCDES
    replied
    Here you go, all about the Fire Service and Alcohol...

http://www.charleston.net/stories/08...distfire.shtml

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    I know how most of you feel here. As chief in a small town, where daytime help is hard to come by, I have discovered a vast, untappaed resource. I am going to start a fire department to run out of the local tavern. I figure that we will have a sign-in board near the front door, so as the local drunks come stumbling in, we can hand out riding assignments. There will be training videos playing on the TVs (ISO POINTS!!). On Wednesdays, during the fried chicken dinner specials, we'll have weekly training on such topics as: holding your booze during a long barn fire battle, cleaning puke out of your SCBA mask, different hip flasks designs to fit conveniently in your bunker pants, and a host of others. Anybody have any ideas for me, feel free to post them. Now, if I could just get around those pesky DUI laws.....

Leave a comment:

• rocket455
    replied
    Re: Alcohol in the firehouse

Originally posted by mty1066
    I am a journalist working on a story regarding alcohol in the firehouses. I understand that this is a very controversial issue with members of the fire community that are both for the consumption of alcohol in the firehouse and some who are against it. I would be interested in hearing from anyone on either side of this issue.

Please feel free to email me with your comments and stories.

[email protected]
    I'm selling some ocean front property in Arizona. Feel free to email me with your questions

Leave a comment:

• rocket455
    replied
    Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil..........

Leave a comment:

• FightingDevil
    replied
    I defer...

I defer to the wisdom of El Presidente....Eyes open, mouth shut!

-Devil

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Personally, I wouldn't even have given up the archives.

Why a vote? I'll make it an executive order!

Has anyone else noticed in the past week especially, our el presidente has been hitting the nail on the head with SHORT, SWEET and to the point statements like this one?
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 09-05-2003, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Hail to the Chief!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    It is only a matter of hours before some bozo answers this post with something like..."my department NEVER had alcohol in our station and we are the best because of it blah, blah, blah.

Pres. Gonzo, I call for a vote on Brother Ray's motion!

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    In one simple phrase, just take a look at the last line in my signature.. nuff said?

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Leave a comment:

• PFire23
    replied
    Lutan, even with identification or verification I would be very reluctant to say ANYTHING to a member of the press. "Mr. Murphy" says it's inevitable that what you "say" is not what ends up in print, journalists are famous for misquotes, misinformation and generally "tweaking" a story to suit the purpose. I have seen that happen in our area recently with the Metchosin incident, trial and sentencing by public opinion brought on by the media
    Last edited by PFire23; 09-05-2003, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lutan1
    replied
    As others have said, with no identification or verification process, etc, no comment other than, "Go and search the archives of these forums..."

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    RIIIIIIIIIGHT!?!

mty1066 a first time poster seeks info for a story on alcohol in the fire service. Doesn't identify who he is, who he represents or what his motive is.

I agree with E40FDNYL35.

FyredUp

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied

When I first saw this I thought...OH NO!!! Not again....But after I read it I can only echo the comments of my esteemed colleagues.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X