Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alcohol in the firehouse

Originally posted by mty1066
    I am a journalist working on a story regarding alcohol in the firehouses. I understand that this is a very controversial issue with members of the fire community that are both for the consumption of alcohol in the firehouse and some who are against it. I would be interested in hearing from anyone on either side of this issue.

Please feel free to email me with your comments and stories.

[email protected]
    I'm selling some ocean front property in Arizona. Feel free to email me with your questions
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Comment

I know how most of you feel here. As chief in a small town, where daytime help is hard to come by, I have discovered a vast, untappaed resource. I am going to start a fire department to run out of the local tavern. I figure that we will have a sign-in board near the front door, so as the local drunks come stumbling in, we can hand out riding assignments. There will be training videos playing on the TVs (ISO POINTS!!). On Wednesdays, during the fried chicken dinner specials, we'll have weekly training on such topics as: holding your booze during a long barn fire battle, cleaning puke out of your SCBA mask, different hip flasks designs to fit conveniently in your bunker pants, and a host of others. Anybody have any ideas for me, feel free to post them. Now, if I could just get around those pesky DUI laws.....

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Here you go, all about the Fire Service and Alcohol...

http://www.charleston.net/stories/08...distfire.shtml

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
        -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Comment

I couldn't help noticing......

...the originator of this post has yet to reply to offer any sort of identification. hhhhmmmmmmmm....I sure as heck wouldn't talk to whoever it is. Oh yea, just out of curiosity and boredom I checked the profile for the e-mail address he posted....not much info there....DEFINITELY not enough to get me to cough up anything more than my stock answer to the press...."find somebody with a white helmet"
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

You know that thing inside your helmet? Use it wisely and you'll be just fine.

Comment

How about them Redskins?????
            09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
            ------------------------------
            IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
            "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
            BMI Investigator
            The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

The ONLY alcohol that has EVER been in our station was brought in by a newspaper reporter who was trying to do a story on alcohol in the fire house....Really!!
              Vintage Firefighter:
              "The older I get the braver I was!"

Comment

I see our esteemed reporter still hasn't come back to even TRY to identify himself and the publication his "research" is for....... Go Figure.
                The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                IACOJ

Comment

"This incident is under investigation"
                  "WAS THAT BEFORE OR AFTER YOU REALIZED YOU WERE STANDING IN A $#@%*&% PUDDLE OF GASOLINE?"

Comment

well all I know is ...................IDA KNOW WTF is goin on ! .27 you have it on the nail .....
                    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen...please don't feed the trolls!
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Hows about them NOLES!!!
                        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                        BMI Investigator
                        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

How 'bout them Cubbies!?!
                          Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Gonzo: Your speech writer needs to stay on vacation. Like them one liners Mr. President.

STILL STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Alcohol In The Firehouse....

13 Signs That You Might Be Slightly Intoxicated.....

1 The parking lot seems to have moved while you were in the bar.

2 You lose arguments with inanimate objects.

3 You have to hold onto the lawn to keep from falling off the earth.

4 Your job is interfering with your drinking. (For the firehouse- the pager keeps interfering! )

5 Your doctor finds traces of blood in your alcohol stream.

6 You sincerely beleive alcohol is the elusive 5th food group.

7 Mosquitos catch a buzz after attacking you.

8 The back of your head keeps getting hit by the toilet seat.

9 24 hours ina day. 24 beers in a case- coincidence? - I think not!!!!!

10 You can focus better with one eye closed.

11 Your twin sons are named Barley and Hops.

12 At AA meetings, you begin with, "Hi, my name is...um, er..."

13 The whole bar says "Hi"when you walk in.

Luke

Comment

How about .....NOT ?

Originally posted by jaybird210
                                How 'bout them Cubbies!?!
                                Attached Files
                                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse