• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ich habe den wohnend in Neu-Jersey gefunden, das Sie in alle Male der
    europäischen und spanischen Leute laufen lassen werden. Einmal tring
    ein Kerl, um zu erklären mir, daß sein Haus auf Feuer war, während
    er dieses sprach.

I have found that living in New Jersey that you are going to run into all times of european and spanish people. One time a guy was tring to tell me his house was on fire while he was speaking this.

and this is what he was saying to me "Hilfe! Ich denke, daß mein Haus auf Feuer ist. Nicht zu wissen, ich
    an ziehe, wohin der ganzer dieser Rauch von kommt."

"Help! I think my house is on fire. I don not know where all of this smoke is coming from!"
    This space for rent

Comment

Language barriers are something that we all have to overcome in this line of work. Yesterday I did a pt transfer where the pt was almost TOTALLY deaf. So when we picked her up I asked her nurse if she knew how to sign because I know some sign (I used to know a lot but it's one of those things that if you don't use it you lose it). The pt didn't know sign, however, it made me think that I want to try to brush up on my skills again just in case. I've often wondered how I would help a pt that couldn't hear me and couldn't verbalize what was wrong, and not all hearing impaired people can lip read. My thoughts on this entire thread is simply this: ADAPT AND OVERCOME, we do what we have to do to get the job done to the best of our abilities and in our patient's best interest.
      To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

¿Oye, Quigger-Que paso? Why all the hostility, bro? The times, they are a-changin and you should to. Either improvise, adapt and overcome or get out of the way, chica. If you're into hardcore, innercity firefighting then chances are some of your citizens are first generation Americans and speak a language other than English. ¡Coño, lighten up! I'll bet your ancestors didn't speak the best English when they got here either.
        ummm I understood the english part there. My ancestors are Irsish and Germen and something else. I work with 2 people that are from mexico but they are trying to learn the language. Hostility? there was none in my post all I was saying was that if your decide to live in any country that doesnt speak the same language as you, you should be the one to learn their language not the country trying to learn your language. No hostility just common sense and respect towards their new country.

and if they are illegal..then they should be deported
        I agree and yes my ancestors got here the legal way about 140 years ago.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X