Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFEMT3645
    replied
    The new 880's are on the market as of Monday.

Leave a comment:

• fyrpiper32
    replied
    Anybody know when they're gonna be out on the market? I have a 880 I recently retired after 12 years( got a new ben 2 ). Best helmet ever made IMHO (except for a New Yorker of course)

Leave a comment:

• ehs7554
    replied
    Thanks for the input. Of course right after I posted the question, I was able to find the info on MSAFIRE. They must have just posted the info recently on their web site. I know a guy with an old 880 and it is a pretty nice helmet. I wonder how much these new ones are going to weigh? the 1010's a pretty light as it is.

Leave a comment:

• FireLt1951
    replied
    ehs7554,

Yes they did. Matter of fact I still wear my original 880 but I did add the impact liner to it more than a few years ago. I've had my 880 since 1977 and it's my good luck charm. You can believe one thing, it's a highly durable helmet. I'll stop using it when I retire in the next couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• FORTff
    replied
    Repeat?

Didn't Cairns used to make these prior to the 1010's came out? I'm talking like sometimes during the 70's maybe?

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    I just looked at one at ICHIEFs. Much lighter and a smaller profile. The outer shell is the polycarbonate shell so the temp rating is going to be lower, but it is a nice helmet and it is NFPA 1971-2000 Compliant.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    From the MSA CairnsHELMETS website:

880 Tradition™

• Tough, high-temperature thermoplastic shell resists chipping and cracking.
    • Low-ride helmet design creates a low-profile for superior clearance and maneuverability.
    • New, high-tech thermal impact cap provides increased heat and impact protection.
    • Insurance against fireground damage with CairnsHelmets’ 5-year shell replacement/warranty.
    • Non-corroding, high-temperature, glass-filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware.
    • Ultra-high-temperature (TPR) edge trim will not melt or drip.
    • Faceshield wing protectors for extra faceshield reinforcement.
    • Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
    • Choice of Nomex or Pbi/Kevlar earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection.
    • Exclusive SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA facepiece.
    • Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 5-5/8 inches and 7-5/8 inches.
    • Choice of removable flannel or leather cushion liners for washing and upgrading provides greater ease and comfort.
    • Larger diameter helmet hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.

Leave a comment:

• FFEMT3645
    replied
    The dome of the helmet is smaller than the Cairns 1010. The brim however,
    is the same size as the 1010. This gives the helmet a light weight lower
    ride.

The shell of the 880 will fit inside of the 1010.

Leave a comment:

• pumper41
    replied
    In the Firehouse magazine ad, they were talking about the helmet being lower profile. Actually it looks a little smaller all round, almost down to "modern" size with "traditional style". Now if my career dept had gone for these rather than Cairns 660 CAS's.......

Leave a comment:

• FFEMT3645
    replied
    Yes, MSA CairnsHELMETS has just released the new 880 Tradition Helmet which
    is NFPA 1971-2000 compliant.

There was an advertisement in Firehouse Magazine last month.

Leave a comment:

• ehs7554
    started a topic NEW "Cairns 880 Tradition"???

NEW "Cairns 880 Tradition"???

I got a packet of fire/ems supplier info cards the other day and one was for MSAFIRE. The card featured a Cairns 880 tradition NFPA Helmet. Is it true that they are going to make these and if so where can you find more info? I tried their web site with no luck. I also know they still make 880's for "presentation" purposes only. I know this card said it was an NFPA 880. Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X