Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul343
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2005

I'v accually changed alot of what I carry since i've gone to a traditional style helmet.

Left leg pockett-20ft nylon rope

Right Leg pocket-nomex hood

Right jacket pocket-Wire nippers (VERY handy), Back-up LED flashlight

Left jacket pocket-Folding Spanner wrench (don't use it very often)

Helmet-Helmet band, LED garrity light, Wooden door chock.

My gloves are clipped to the side of my bunker pants with a velcro glove keeper
    "You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul." Margaret Weis

Paul Richardson
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    OVFD unit# 343/SLVFD unit# 610

Comment

• KevinFFVFD
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Jun 2006

helmet: rubber band with two Garrity LED lights

coat: another Garrity light(just as a backup)
      door chocks
      disaster response tool (used to shut off gas, shut off water, pry open doors, break glass, dig through stuff)
      hand radio in coat radio pocket

pants left leg pocket: scba mask
      pants right leg pocket: hood and gloves
      2009 Warren County Firefighter of the Year

Comment

• dday05
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Aug 2005

My coat I carry: a couple grease pencils/markers (for the acountability board) I also have a large ring on my coat for tags as we use to clip them on to this because we didn't have the boards at the time so I kept it on there.

My pants I carry:left pocket rope bag,webbing and a pair of wire cutters, right pocket I have some hose straps & a few pieces of rope to tie up our water movement appliances to drop tank,about4 big wooden wedges

Comment

• Engine76KS
          MembersZone Subscriber
          • Jan 2006

I'm still pretty green, so I don't carry much on me.

Helmet: Pic of me and the girlfriend inside my helmet.
          L Coat Pocket: Friction loss cards
          R pants pocket: R glove, with hood shoved in above that
          L pants pocket: L glove, rescue hammer thing below that.

I also have a St. Florian medal on a chain around my neck all the time.

Comment

• fieldseng2
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • May 2002

Helmet:
            Rubber Band w/small wedge, drywall screws (behind front piece).

Coat:
            Rt chest pocket: pocket knife, safety glasses.
            Lft chest pocket (radio pocket): flashlight, 8' of webbing. I dont use the radio pocket for my radio because I use a FDNY radio strap.

Rt pocket: hood, leatherman tool.
            Lft pocket: pair of mechanics gloves for rescue work, medical tape, window punch.

Pants:

Rt pocket: rt firefighting glove, assorted wedges, lineman cutters, flash light.

Lft Pocket: lft firefighting glove, 10' of webbing tied as a strap (w/water knot), a 20' personal escape rope w/2 caribeaners.

I have a personal escape harness worn inside of my bunker pants. They actually came w/my gear from my old dept. Chief let me keep it.

I have a gut belt with a bailout bag w/50' of static kernmatle rope. I have 3 more beaners and a figure 8.

I can do a couple of things with this set up.

1) I can get my *** out in a hurry if I have to.

2) I can make a quick harness for my partner if he does not have his own so we can both get out.

3) If I/we can lower a victim out a window (worst case scenerio).

4) Even though we have RIT gear. I have (if needed) enough gear to haul one or two brothers out w/the help of other FFs.

Comment

• Chief2701
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by fieldseng2
              Helmet:
              Rubber Band w/small wedge, drywall screws (behind front piece).

Coat:
              Rt chest pocket: pocket knife, safety glasses.
              Lft chest pocket (radio pocket): flashlight, 8' of webbing. I dont use the radio pocket for my radio because I use a FDNY radio strap.

Rt pocket: hood, leatherman tool.
              Lft pocket: pair of mechanics gloves for rescue work, medical tape, window punch.

Pants:

Rt pocket: rt firefighting glove, assorted wedges, lineman cutters, flash light.

Lft Pocket: lft firefighting glove, 10' of webbing tied as a strap (w/water knot), a 20' personal escape rope w/2 caribeaners.

I have a personal escape harness worn inside of my bunker pants. They actually came w/my gear from my old dept. Chief let me keep it.

I have a gut belt with a bailout bag w/50' of static kernmatle rope. I have 3 more beaners and a figure 8.

I can do a couple of things with this set up.

1) I can get my *** out in a hurry if I have to.

2) I can make a quick harness for my partner if he does not have his own so we can both get out.

3) If I/we can lower a victim out a window (worst case scenerio).

4) Even though we have RIT gear. I have (if needed) enough gear to haul one or two brothers out w/the help of other FFs.

hey Bobby, I thought all Hobart firefighters (to include formers) were required to keep a "Brickie" football schedule on them at all times
              [FONT=Times New Roman]Douglas R. Patton
              IACOJ
              "Omnis Cedo Domus"
              I am now a former Chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone.
              Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• fieldseng2
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • May 2002

hey Bobby, I thought all Hobart firefighters (to include formers) were required to keep a "Brickie" football schedule on them at all times
                ya...why do you think I'm trying to get the chief down here to let me paint my helmet purple & gold!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• throthestick
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2006

Left coat pocket = rubber ems gloves,, wood door chocks,, two small bungee cords,, rubber strap for maintaining or proping a door.

Right coat pocket=leather gloves,, flat pry bar , ems tape,, wire cutters , leather man [also wear a leather man on my work belt , but at night that doesnt help much when your just jumping your hitch ] small screw driver for pull stations.

left bellows pocket= 25 ft of tubular webbing .

Right bellows pocket = hood , back up fire gloves..

I also keep two slightly bent nails on the rubber strap for door chocking.. [ read this in the past on hear , i take a bit of a beatin for em,, but they can screw ]

i did away with the helmet light when it did not work for me one night .. i found myself screwing around with it for longer than i should have .. i have been trying to simpify and downsize the amount of crap i carry .. the things that have been removed stay in a small tool bag on the truck , ill take this in on certain calls ..

i wear a gemtor harness with a carabiner on the back side .. this works great for someone to grab on to you while your working .. and recently i had a piece of nomex stitched into the bottom back side of my morning prides coat ,,, this is basically a pocket that keeps 35 ft of rope that i can just reach back for .. the biner is right on top ..

its very important to keep all the tools one would need to self rescue or breech in the right hand pocket of your coat .. you will need your left hand to maintain your scba in the event you have to swing it off for a low profile wall breech .. or any situation that may arise where you have to manipulate your scba somehow...

its allways nice to see how simmalar we all are in terms of this topic .. then again if your on the boards and into trying to do it right than you definately pick up a quality suggestion or two...

stay safe people..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...