Training fun??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training fun??

What is your favorite training that you have done? or what would you do again if you had the chance?
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Haz Mat Ops OK on a serious note the first in officer class and smoke divers both at the Fire Service Institute, IFSI, at the University of Illinois.
    One of the best classroom classes I've been to was Haz Mat. It was the Street Smart Haz Mat Response, taught by Michael Callan. A very good funny instructor.
    And lastly a good percentage of classes at FDIC. I would recommend going at liest once.

Comment

Rookie school! Back before I had to put up with slackers, station politics, and bad attitudes!

Seriously, it was hard work, but worth every minute. My instructor was very professional and demanded the same from us. Still, he knew how to work hard and have a good time doing it.

Does the fact that I'm getting nostalgic thinking about it make me old?

Second choice - the flashover simulator / class. (They didn't have those when I was in rookie school.) Worth more than a thousand training videos.
      ullrichk
      a.k.a.
      perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

Well...........

ANYTHING in the rescue field, Complicated Rope Tricks is probably at the top of the list. Stay Safe....
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Live fire, controled burns. I burn blueberry fields after harvest old wwII flame thrower, i like doing that not often you can use gear like that. We do live fire on old abandon buildings i like then nitty gritty of working, close to a real call, with control haven't had one go wrong yet, but as we all know anythign can happen, reminds me when i was a boy scout, live by it still ALways Be Prepared.
          "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
          “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
          "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

wild hoseline training. must be done during the winter - cut the coupling off a hose and run that hose plus another 100' or so of hose out and let it fly around. using one and two man teams, you have to crawl out and tap the end of the hose with one hand. when done during the winter, the ground freezes up like a skating rink, and its a wild ride. good practice on controllling a wild hose line too.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X