Rope tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope tracking

Hey, I am in charge of tracking all rope (lifelines and utility) placed in service on the trucks. What kind of systems do y'all use to moniter the ropes. Any info or websites/companies would be appreciated.

Just use rope log sheets to track use. To mark the rope we use electrical tape covered in shrink wrap. CMC sells the shrink tube, but Granger and other electrical supply houses have it also for much less price.

Comment

Golfire

Check out some of the items on www.gloveholders.com They have several specificaly made rope bags and accessories. You may find it easy to lable the bags and track things that way.
      Everything that I post is my opinion only, none of this should be taken as fact.

Comment

Check where the rope is manufactured. If its made in Europe and imported, it will have an EN number and the date it was made with it. Most manufacturers give a 3 year guarantee with products over here, so we replace all lines, whether used much or not, within that time frame. All lines have a unique identifier attached, so if they went astray, to another vehicle/station, we could track them. The old bits we chop up and use them for knot tying practice.

The lines are checked before every use, and after every use. Anything with dirt on it is washed through and hung back up. If you are storing stuff, make sure its dry as rope gets mouldy which will affect its life, also it doesn't smell nice.
        United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X