Squenchers vs. Gatorade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squenchers vs. Gatorade

A salesman recently came to our fire hall during a training night and was trying to sell us Squenchers? Us being the skeptical people we are, didnt buy any until we did some research.

So currently we have Gatorade mix on our trucks for them hot fire days to keep your electrolites good. So does anybody have Squenchers onboard?

Is it any good? Worth the switch? Just trying to get some opinions on the stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

My volly dept and the county EMS units carry squencher on all apparatus. I like it much better than gatorade, plus you can get it in either the powder form and a syurp form which allows you to vary the concentration. I usually feel much more refreshed after a quick shot of the squencher than the gatorade.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

Not Here......

I shouldn't say this very loud because a salesman might hear me, but I've never heard of the stuff. Anyway, I like those 44 oz. Pepsi's Stay Safe....
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Fancy stuff

I have always been partial to hydrant water myself.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I've never heard of Squenchers and although our current cooler came with a few bags of Gatorade powder, we've never used it. We find filling the cooler up with ice water every day is easier and keeps the troops just as happy.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope you go with Caffeine free Pepsi. The regular stuff will dry you out faster than you can drink it.

Remember the putz on Survivor Austrailia who passed out and fell into the fire. When they treated him, he was found to be severely dehydrated largely due to the dinner of all-you-can-eat Doritos and Mountain Dew the day before. I hope he got a good settlement out of that one.

We use powerade up here. Similar to gatorade but cheaper.
            Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Squenchers

We used to have some squenchers on the trucks. I liked the syrup form, you could just pour some into a glass of ice water and mix it to your taste. We never bought more after we used it all though, now we use gatorade, or just ice water.

Comment

Our Vol. FD uses mostly Gatorade, but they also fill the coolers w/ pepsis, etc. I love gatorade, and have never really tried Squenchers.

Comment

Ditto to 159 ...............
                  IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                  Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                  ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                  RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                  LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                  I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                  "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                  http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't say this too loud either but I have never heard of it. Here we use Powerade. Just like Gatorade but a bit cheaper. We have bottles on all the trucks. We used to have the powder Gatorade but it just too much of a pain in the *** to mix when you needed it. Water works just as good but doesn't taste as good.

Keep your head down and your powder dry.
                    Jason Knecht
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Water works for me. One of my Depts. uses bottled Powerade, and it is NOT the best stuff out there. It has a bad twang to it. But at a fire scene, anything is better than nothing (been there done that).

Comment

Right now I work at a rental/ construction supply store and we sell Sqwincher. Well I should say we DID sell it. The construction workers, miners, DOT guys… no one liked it. We actually got stuck with 2 cases of it that we couldn't even give away to the guys around here. So we ended up sending it to a guy we all know that’s in Iraq. He said he didn’t care how it tasted, anything’s better than what he’s got!
                        Anyway we are now back to selling Gatorade and we can’t keep it on the shelves.
                        The only other thing is that we only sold the powder not the syrup and maybe the syrup is better. I however stick to water and Gatorade!
                        The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

We got some squenchers from the Forest Service at the Rodeo fire last year. Most of us like it better than Gatoraid, but no one around here sells it. How about giving me (PM) that salesman's number? It has a sweeter taste than Gatoraid.

Comment

aaaaahhhhh squencher

It's loike jolt and crack all in one. When you mix it too heavy everyone gets red teeth it's cool! we have never used anything else other than just plain ice water. The only other input I can give is we went to a fire the other night and they had water out for us it was kinda warm (no ice) so it stunk so maybe if it had some flavor it would have been better, just my thoughts

Comment

We use Propel made by Gatorade,they say it has 6 essential vitamins. Not the best tasting stuff, comes berry or lemon, 23.7 oz bottles sealed tops so its clean. Price is right we get it free ,we don't have ice so keep a bunch in the fridge. It helps to be thirsty when you drink it.
                              Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X