Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Guard firefighters head for Iraq

(Colorado Springs-AP) -- A group of 16 Colorado National Guard
    firefighters is replacing soldiers who are coming home from Iraq.
    The 1157th Engineer Firefighter Team is headed for a yearlong stint
    in Iraq.
    The guard members -- many of them civilian firefighters -- won't
    be home again until 2005. The firefighters will be part of the
    biggest troop movement since World War Two -- which will see
    105-thousand fresh troops replace 130-thousand of their comrades in
    Iraq during the coming months.
    Their civilian colleagues -- meanwhile -- say they'll step up to
    fill their places at work and look after their families while
    they're gone.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Hey Army!

Thanks to all the brother and sisters over in Iraq and Afghanistan for keep us safe. I worked for the Fort Rucker FD for about a year before transferring to the Navy DOD Fire Dept. I worked with Macy’s a lot and its no ride in the park on one of those. I do like the Mid-ship pump and the driver’s seat with all the switches to pump and roll isn’t all that bad. The only thing that kept us in the shop all the time was the air system. The truck is very top heavy, but it has multiple compartments for storage. I really don’t like how just about everything is air actuated. You get an leak and it effects most of the truck. I have 4 of my fellow Firefighters from my truck that left to work with Brown & Root in Afghanistan making the big money. They started them off at $93,000 a year and only have to pay taxes on $30,000 of it. I get a phone call once a month from them and most want to come back to the states due to management screwing things up over there. Anyways, take care and be safe over there.

Comment

SPC Hulme-No questions, just lots of gratitude.

If you have time on your hands, visit Squad 288's website and consider shooting Andrew Ielpi an email. I know he would love to hear from someone like yourself.

It's a privilege to "meet" you. Be safe and, please, pass the gratitude along to your unit.

Comment

Hey 51m in baghdad!!!!!

Former Jarhead, turned 51m for 3 years. I heard you talking about the 2500L, real piece of work. You never know what the lowest bidder and a canadian garbage truck manufacturer can turn out. Have you guys got the refurbished pierce jobs over there? What unit you fellows out of. I was in the 376th in Illinois. Has the DoD decided to get rid of the Interspiro yet, I thought a couple of years ago they were looking into changing. I spent some time in those things, so I feel your pain, also worked in OKC at the airport so I also know the whole airport thing. I don't know about now, but we had to harden our trucks with sandbags during convoys, made things real cramped inside, not that there was alot of room anyways. We also learned alot of creative ways to carry our weapons and still manage to stay "mission ready". Send me your address and I'll send you a Tee from my Dept., maybe even send some Stateside copenhagen for all you fellows that have the foot locker PX.

Stay safe fella's

Comment

God Bless Our Troops!
            09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
            ------------------------------
            IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
            "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
            BMI Investigator
            ------------------------------
            The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

First of all, i would like to thank you for your sacrifice to peotect my and every other americans freedom, second i would be pretty intrested in the kinds of apparatus you have there, doesnt sound like you get too many calls, im a junior on a small town fd and i know exactly how you feel
              ------------------------------------
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
              ------------------------------------

Comment

thanks for the bump ! .........hows it goin over there Army ?
                IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Help is on the way!

Whats up man, just wanted to say hey, a bunch of my guys from here at Barksdale AFB will be joining you in the very near future...I believe their date is tenatively set for around the first week in june, maybe sooner. The guys here were really wondering what to expect out there, so far you're posts have been pretty helpful. They are issuing our guys Class 4 body armor which is almost unheard of for us pampered air force guys...they wanted to know if they're gonna get a chance to use it? haha. Keep your head down bud, good luck on getting orders back to the states and if you see the barksdale guys down there tell them you know Karl Schultz...I'll be a civilian again by then!

Comment

bump...............
                    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X