Movie called The Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie called The Guys

Has anyone heard when this movie "The Guys" will be coming to DVD. It didn't come to our area in South LA, so we were waiting for the DVD version. Thanks
    Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

I have been wondering the same thing. It never came up here to northern Michigan. I looked around on the web but everything I could find had no video release date as of now.
    The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...156007-3654249

Looks like it'll be out on September 9th, 2003. $20 isn't too bad...

Comment

Perhaps e229Lt can shed some light on this. I know it was premiered for FDNY before it was released. I also heard that it was to be out just prior to Sept 11.
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

The Guys
          Its a True account of a Captain who has to give eight eulogies about his men killed in 9-11-01. Anne Nelson helps the Captain of Ladder 15 to write them. In my opinion Sigourney Weaver and Anthony LaPaglia do a great job in this. They hit the nail on the head. This is what it was like in New York after over 3000 here were murdered. It moves slow and there are no burning Towers scenes. But,it's all about The BROTHERS.

NEVER FORGET
          Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 07-26-2003, 07:38 AM.
          ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
          CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
          LT. John Ginley Engine 40
          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
          FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
          FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
          FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
          FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
          FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
          FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
          FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
          FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
          "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
          *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

Man, I've been in Iraq too long...

I had never heard of this movie until I stumbled upon this thread. I can't believe that it slipped under my nose. It must not have gotten any publicity, which I think is odd since Sigourney Weaver is a great actress. I will buy this on DVD when it comes out. Thanks for letting me know it existed.

Stay safe,

Matt
            "At one point we decided to fight fire with fire, basically your house just burned faster."

Recipient of the IACOJ Service Award 2003.

Comment

It was a play i have read it and have seen it.The Guys
              I will be acting in it this semester as Nick, i dunno about the movie version it has to be around the same length a little over an hour, it's really good, very moving.
              "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
              “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
              "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X