Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firemanpat29
    replied
    Advice on controling your spouse?????????
    Do we ask Mrs Woods ??

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Huh??

Now, if you wanted advice on controlling your spouse....

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    Odd subject for this forum...but anyway; try a small squirt gun. Some trainers have had luck with that sort of thing. Try your best not to allow the dog to associate the correction with the gun, though. Any correction should be given immediately after the offense, so you don't confuse the dog. A strong verbal correction should also be given. Never, but never, start beating your dog about the face or head with your hand or an object. Also, keep in mind that this is normal behavior for any dog that age. You must have patience.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    a quick flick using the back of your fingers across the dogs snout, and a loud stern NO.

the fingers flicking across his eyes will disconcert him more than the smack on the snout.

The voice must be firm and strongly delivered. If he persists then tie him up outside or in the laundry, and give him time out.

You need to reinforce the NO word now, as ultimately it is the only way you will have to control him.

And YES please move this to Off Duty section.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    please move me to the OFF DUTY area ..........................cmon !

Leave a comment:

• safetyhappy
    replied
    Maybe your vet or local animal shelter would be able to give you some ideas or point you in a good direction. There may be some information on the net too, the only web address I know off the top of my head is the Humane Society at www.hsus.org

Leave a comment:

• 80FIRE
    replied
    I would recomend visiting with Dr Kevorkian. I am sure he can make the pit bull so it will never bite anyone again.

BTW... why would you post a question like this on a Fire/EMS website.
    You got us confused with PETS-R-US

Leave a comment:

• FIREFLY2420
    started a topic Help with my Pit Bull!!

Help with my Pit Bull!!

I have a Colby Pit Bull that is 6 weeks old. He likes to bite alot and nip. What is the best course of action to take to make him understand that its wrong?

Thanks for your help!!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X