No announcement yet.

Paintball, women and idiots....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign me up, I'll get shot naked for $2,500.

I agree who cares what consenting adults do, their are much more important problems in the world. Hookers are legal in Clark Co. so does it shock anyone that this is going on?

Comment

Why do you have to introduce religion into this? Nobody said anything about religion. Nobody said it was the work of the devil. This was an unprovoked attack on Christianity and it offends me.
      In the E article posted earlier, a paintball business owner plainly stated that most of his business comes from church groups and they find this sort of thing offensive. As for an "unprovoked attack on Christianity"...spare me, George. I didn't bring religion into anything. If it weren't for outdated, stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
      Member IACOJ

Comment

Sounds like Capitalism to me

..Maybe when I get that damn retro check....
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman

In the E article posted earlier, a paintball business owner plainly stated that most of his business comes from church groups and they find this sort of thing offensive. As for an "unprovoked attack on Christianity"...spare me, George. I didn't bring religion into anything. If it weren't for outdated, stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
          I read both articles numerous times and I can not find the reference you cited about "church groups". However, the people that I do find complaining are:

1. NOW
          2. The manufacturer of the equipment (who knows they are going to get sued eventually).
          3. Some psychologist who has an opinion.

Not one of these people are "stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked". I stand by my point that yours was an unprovoked attack on Christianity.
          PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

PUTTING THE "RELIGION" COMMENTS TO TEXT

Ok folks, I was hoping to stay out of the religion part of this discussion, but it has re-surfaced, and no one seems to kwow where it came from. Here is the story that I read prior to the original post being put up, and it comes from the Memphis website:

Stephanie Rodrigues
            Mid-South paintball fans outraged over new game
            Email to a Friend
            Printer Friendly Version

It's called "Hunting for Bambi," and the Las Vegas based adult game has men shooting paintballs at naked women.

It also has Mid-South paintball fans outraged.

"It was kind of disgusting really," says Parker Talley, a 14 year-old paintballer.

Talley says he is more afraid the women will get hurt by not wearing masks, and other protective gear.

"I had to do a lot of research before my mom would buy me a gun."

But the majority of adults say it is the graphic nature of the game that is disturbing.

"Well, the image of nude women running around out in the woods is a bad image in itself," says Mike Talley.

But some paintball businesses are also upset.

"Other than poor taste, yeah, it's (game) dangerous," says John Nicholas, owner of Paintball Park in Memphis.

Nicholas says naked paintball will not be allowed at his park.

"Most of business comes from corporate, families, and church groups."

Nichols say naked paint ball would put the players at risk, and tarnish the family friendly image that fans have worked hard to build.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

OK, now I see it. But it still does not explain the unprovoked attack on Christianity by Nozzleman.

Comment

Ahhh, Welllll...............

As one who reads George a lot, and understands things pretty well in this world, I'm at loss on this one. As I have runout of room to work with (in my mind), I'll have to ask, "George, these remarks are a bit tongue in cheek, aren't they ?" George?
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

OK, now I see it. But it still does not explain the unprovoked attack on Christianity by Nozzleman.
                  Whaaatever, dude. Just stated my view on the facts. It's sad that you think of it as some kind of "attack." I'm not going to continue this ****ing match with you. It's common knowledge what the "church" thinks of this and other subjects that don't fit THEIR particular moral framework.
                  Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman

Whaaatever, dude. Just stated my view on the facts. It's sad that you think of it as some kind of "attack." I'm not going to continue this ****ing match with you. It's common knowledge what the "church" thinks of this and other subjects that don't fit THEIR particular moral framework.
                    I don't care if you are going to continue this or not.

It's common knowledge what "New Yorkers" think of the Yankees, too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. You introduced this subject, not me. It was an attack, plain and simple and I am not simply going to let you get away with it unchallenged.

Comment

I just checked out the website.

They have pictures of a girl being drug by her hair.
                      Now, it may have been staged, but I don't know.

I think this is a dangerous situation for the girls.
                      Not only the paintballs, but you don't know who is going to
                      go through there. Hopefully there is some type of protection for these ladies.
                      Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

It's common knowledge what "New Yorkers" think of the Yankees, too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
                        George, I really don't believe this to have been an attack of any kind. He was simply comparing the fact that it is okay for children to be running around shooting eachother with these things, but once the game is "raised" to adult standards... everyone gets bent about it.

As for the game itself, I really can't say much. Last time I brought up paint-ball guns, everything got WAAAAYYY out of hand.

Comment

Frankly, I am surprised it took this long for someone to come up with this sport. In the natural order of things, this SHOULD have come before Stevo stapling his sack to his leg on Jackass, but it was going to happen, eventually.

Now the world is spinning in balance once again.

fg (the Other, less visible, George)
                          See You At The Big One

Comment

It was all a hoaxe. I saw it on tv today. It was nothing more then a practical joke.
                            IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by MFDExplorer51
                              It was all a hoaxe. I saw it on tv today. It was nothing more then a practical joke.
                              Shocking!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X