New Forum Formatting Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Formatting Idea

We're testing, on another board, a new front page thats a little less intensive.

http://officer.proteus.com/forum.php

What do you think, would oyu use an alternative version that loads a bit quicker or the present one with all the categories on the main page with the last post noted, or would you prefer just a flat list of all the main categories on the main page?

Please take part in the poll as well

Thanks
    WebTeam
    Keep Them As Is
    60.53%
    List Only Categories (Nothing Else) on Front Page to Load Faster
    5.26%
    Consider Alternative Front Page Simliar to [url]http://officer.proteus.com/forum.php[/url]
    21.05%
    I Don't Care
    13.16%

The poll is expired.

I am a 56k'er and I don't really have a problem with speed. I find it is no different that any other site I visit.

I do have another idea for you though. How about a "Most commonly visited topics" page right up top with links to the most common threads such as nozzle type, equipment carried, colour of engine/hydrant, paper or plastic, etc.

This might help the new visitors to find these threads quicker instead of starting new ones and getting chewed on by the old guard.

Anybody else agree??
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

What He Said.......

I voted to leave it as is, simply because I'm a creature of habit. However, my esteemed colleague from Canada has an idea whose time has come (I think). Every week or so, a rookie pops up with what he/she (gotta stay politically correct) thinks is a neat thread, only to get shot at by the guard force around the henhouse for repeating something again. And again. I would add that some (there are a few) catagories that are rarely used might be consolidated to save space. Thanks, Stay Safe....
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

I tend to agree with the two posts ahead of me, and I find navigating Firehouse isn't too difficult (but I can see where newcomers might get lost here!).
        ~Kevin
        Firefighter/Paramedic
        --^v--^v--^v--^v--
        Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
        Dennis Miller

Comment

They work the way they are now.

Comment

Less is better.
            Not all of us have broadband.
            As a subscriber, I could do without the advertisements.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

a suggestion

http://**************/forum_police.htm
              I am member here they have a nice set up and diffrent features and ways to search and post. Check it out it may help you if you decide to make changes.
              "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
              “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
              "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X