Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think it can't get any worse ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quigger
    replied
    Another moron has turned up in PA...

Leave a comment:

• engine23ccvfd
    replied
    Bet he was watching the fire truck zoom by when he waxed it and decided to blame the truck for his spill!

Glad eveyone is OK except of course for our poor ole brothers stuck in a blue fire truck!!!! Beats Grapevine/Grapeville (whatever) with the purple trucks!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by PFire23
    Perhaps as a punishment this boy should have to go perform "community service" work hours within the department that he was slandering. Maybe then he'd have a better appreciation and respect for what firefighters do, and think twice before making a false claim again. This story makes me sooooooo angry, there's nothing I detest more than a liar.
    He can start by cleaning the bathrooms in the firehouse with his own personal toothbrush, then proceed to clean the rest of the station, culminating with washing and waxing ecvery rig!

Leave a comment:

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    The 15-year-old boy who told police he was hit by a fire truck while riding his bicycle along State Route 103 on Tuesday confessed that he made the story up, reported the Granville Township Police Department.
    Oh brother.....now they need to do background checks on applicants for bicycle licenses!

They oughta make the kid do community service at the station...for about 100 years.

Leave a comment:

• PAVolunteer
    replied
    Originally posted by E229Lt
    The quote that began this thread ...
    The quote that began this thread was a news article from Lewistown, PA.
    Originally posted by E229Lt
    I think you jumped the gun on this one brother. "Innocent until proven guilty"
    You are correct. I gave the newspaper, and the teenager, too much credit. I did not have enough faith in the brothers. However, my comments were directed more towards the PA fire service in general as opposed to this situation.

I guess all of the following has tainted me a little ...

No fire laws for public buildings ...
    Firefighter arson ... EMA Director is buying!!!
    Losers III
    Losers II
    Losers IV
    Losers V
    Losers

I don't have time to find any more now.

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied
    The quote that began this thread stated:

The Pennsylvania fire service has proven, on many occasions, that just when you think people can't get any more idiotic, you thought too soon. This one takes the cake, though.
    I think you jumped the gun on this one brother. "Innocent until proven guilty"

Thread post #2

I for one will give the brothers the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    I stand correct!!!

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    well thats re freshing ~ !

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Pfire: I concur.

Overall, I am happy to hear that no FD apparatus was actually involved with any such incident. I am however, a lot puzzled as to why this kid would choose the FD as the purpetrator to his "story". Just glad that all is well.

Leave a comment:

• PFire23
    replied
    Perhaps as a punishment this boy should have to go perform "community service" work hours within the department that he was slandering. Maybe then he'd have a better appreciation and respect for what firefighters do, and think twice before making a false claim again. This story makes me sooooooo angry, there's nothing I detest more than a liar.
    Last edited by PFire23; 07-11-2003, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Whats with all of the blue trucks?

Leave a comment:

• Trafficjockey93
    replied
    Not like we don't have our hands full with other problems. Now they have to make up stuff. Kid should get at least 100 hours of community service to be served at the firehouses that have blue trucks.

Leave a comment:

• PAVolunteer
    replied
    ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!

It turns out that the PA fire service isn't so bad after all!

I'll go back to my chicken BBQ now to raise money to protect the citizens while Rendell throws another million dollar party ...

Teen NOT hit by fire truck
    By KELLI ALTIERY - Sentinel reporter
    7/11/03

GRANVILLE - The 15-year-old boy who told police he was hit by a fire truck while riding his bicycle along State Route 103 on Tuesday confessed that he made the story up, reported the Granville Township Police Department.

A juvenile petition will be filed against the teen for false reports to law enforcement.

The juvenile had reported he was struck by a blue fire truck while riding his bike on a sidewalk. He also reported that the truck continued along SR 103 and had activated its emergency lighting system after striking him.

According to the police report, the juvenile sustained injuries from wrecking his bike, not from being hit by a fire truck. He was treated at Lewistown Hospital for those injuries, and released.

The Granville Township Police Department expressed thanks to Granville, Highland Park and Decatur fire companies, who all have blue fire trucks, for their cooperation during the investigation.
    Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• FlashOver12
    replied
    Not sure which department this is, whether brooklyn or united or fame, but after living there, State 103 is a normal 2 lane highway that runs for a good ways. I dont know exactly where it ends but guarantee it runs at least 10 miles (all the farther ive been out it for lack of reason to go any farther) Im not defending anyone just letting you know what the road is like, as we all know, some of our brothers can be idiots and lose control as soon as that pager goes

Leave a comment:

• Trafficjockey93
    replied
    So the millon dollar question is: Why did the truck jump up on the curb? Was the driver avoiding something and had no other place to go?
    Sounds to me like the kid was only winged. Maybe just the mirror got him.
    I too feel that we haven't heard the complete story.

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    not to say what this fire truck did was right or anything, but, ummm, something is kinda bothering me about his story.

A juvenile was hit by a fire truck while riding a bicycle along State Route 103
    followed by
    The juvenile was transported to Lewistown Hospital for treatment of his injuries and was released, police said.
    ummm, in my experience, when someone gets hit by a car, they are usually seriously injured. now, i would imagine that being hit by a fire truck, something that is much bigger and much heavier, would put someone, especially a 15 year old ON A BICYCLE, in the hospital for a while. if the kid was treated and released after being hit by a fire engine, then either there is more to this story that we aren't being told, or he is one EXTREAMLY LUCKY kid.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X