Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-35 closed after crash in Hill County (Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-35 closed after crash in Hill County (Texas)

http://www.txcn.com/texassouthwest/s....74c6da85.html

I-35 closed after crash in Hill County
    07/10/2003

By CYNTHIA VEGA / WFAA-TV

WEST, Texas - Interstate 35 was shut down in both directions south of Hillsboro on Thursday morning after a fiery crash involving two 18-wheelers.

Police said the northbound tanker truck clipped another 18-wheeler carrying a full load of lumber about 2:45 a.m. The tanker skidded, hit the median, flipped over and instantly exploded into a ball of flames on a highway overpass.

Both drivers were able to walk away unharmed.

Robert Flagg / WFAA-TV
    Firefighters cool down what's left of one of the trucks involved in the collision.
    Dozens of volunteer firefighters from surrounding communities converged on the accident scene at I-35 and Chatt Road to extinguish the flames and minimize the damage.

Engineers from the Texas Department of Transportation were expected to examine the wreckage on Thursday morning. There was concern that the intense flames and heat from the tanker could have an impact on the structural integrity of the overpass.

Both northbound lanes remained shut down at 7:30 a.m. Traffic was rerouted to the service road.

Hillsboro is about 50 miles south of Fort Worth.

E-mail [email protected]

this happened about 25 miles north of my district. Fire departments were requested from as far away as 35 miles. I'll post more details as they become available.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

don't use the link unless you feel like having to register first.
    IACOJ Attack

Comment

here's the pic.
      Attached Files
      IACOJ Attack

Comment

Nice turnout gear on the nozzel man!!!

Comment

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. the backup guy has his coat, helmet, gloves and ear flaps down. the nozzle guy is just wearing none of those. not a good way to set an example, especially if you are having your picture taken
          If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

another picture. the bridge this occured on has been shut down and will probably be destroyed due to damage from the fire. the bridge was just completed this year from contstruction.
            Attached Files
            IACOJ Attack

Comment

Originally posted by RyanEMVFD
              another picture. the bridge this occured on has been shut down and will probably be destroyed due to damage from the fire. the bridge was just completed this year from contstruction.
              When u mentioned that the bridge might have to be repaired, i just remembered the car accident here in NJ on rt.78 with the 2 tractor trailors.

Comment

the nozzle person in the first picture i've found was staged for the press. the fire was already out and the media wanted one last picture to take before hose rolling started. still not having the bunker gear on is a pet peeve of mine.
                IACOJ Attack

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X