Rescue Engine, they just don't get it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We call them firetrucks.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Agree with you Bones.

According to the Bosses they are Appliances down here. We reckon they have four wheels, are Red, and Big, They are Trucks.
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

We call them firetrucks.
        Can't argue with that!

Who Cares what each department calls their truck!!!!!! Let's discuss the important things in life i.e. Firefighter safety.......
        Yeah, right....

We actually spell them Telebooms, but for some reason that I can't figure out everyone pronounces them Tallybooms.
        Thanks StillPSFB- long time no hear....
        Luke

Comment

I don't know if you remember it, but sometime last year someone wrote in about getting a super-dupper fire truck with a ladder and a big cab or something, anyone remember that? Anyway, I don't now if what he wanted to call that, whether is was a squad, engine, pumper, etc.

Comment

Well.............

I guess that the old phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (or something like that) applies here. In Maryland they are Engine-Tankers (Frederick County) Pumper-Tankers (Anne Arundel County) Engines (Prince Georges County) Tankers (Calvert County) But they are the same vehicle, just a different name depending on where you go. Makes no sense to me. Now, to start a real controversy, rfcmitch mentioned numbering systems. Now, there are some real winners out there, such as an engine numbered 16-54-6. What in the.....? Actually, this is something for another thread, I'll start one. (With safety in mind, of course). Stay Safe....
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

SIGNAL99 -

If you want to move south to NJ, our rig is RESCUE-ENGINE and we'll gladly have you onboard

Oh and Bones watch out for those truckies when you say you call all your equipment firetrucks because they might start trying to climb on them all!!!!! Just jealous (i mean kidding) truckies

Stay safe!

Comment

Whats in a name?

Fire engines= Pumper
                Fire truck= Ladder truck

We have a Pierce Rescue-pumper. It is an engine with the squad package. It carries all the class A pumper equipment along with extrication equipment,a foam tank, a cascade system, ice rescue suit and alot of other things such as gas meters etc.. Around here, generally speaking, a squad is a heavy rescue unit. Except when you go about 50 miles south of the city, then squads are ambulances. Its red, makes alot of noise when the Q is wound up and it is air conditioned! (for all 6 days we need it around here )
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Re: Whats in a name?

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                  We have a Pierce Rescue-pumper. It is an engine with the squad package.
                  Mikey brings up a point ... the Pierce rescue-engine package is called the HDRP in Pierce-lingo - "Heavy Duty Rescue Pumper".
                  Career Fire Captain
                  Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Actually Pierce has a heavy duty rescue pumper, and a rescue pumper body, they are mostly different lengths, if you go to their website and look at rescue pumpers, the all wheel drive yellow engine is ours,we just call it an engine but in the cad it is listed with rescue tools.

Comment

K.I.S.S.???

In my Dept. there are only "Motors" (engines, pumpers) and "Trucks" (ladders or towers). I guess they do that so as not to confuse us Truckies about which apparattus to ride on

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X