Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Invented A New Way To Fight Fires (Patent Advice Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D. Hager
    Paramedic

Comment

Okay... I didn't read all the posts... yet. First I'm going to need some oxygen b/c I can't stop laughing my *** off and therefore can't catch my breath. And second some morphine b/c with every giggle I can feel my discs squeezing my sciatic nerve...

But i'm not sure yet if this is a real good idea for fighting fires or new and improved ways to kill the whole fire department.
      Attached Files

Comment

Changed my mind, I like this one better!

D. Hager
        Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by dfdex1
          I suppose he is right useing natural gas,it is hard for ash to catch fire.
          The gas inhibits the flames, it doesn't act as a fuel, that the entire point. It is actually more efficient than water or foam.

Comment

Originally posted by jcasey
            This is great. Think of all the brain cells this guy got working!! Funny and useful. Nice to see we can still get a good ribbin and show we know our stuff. But say...how about nitrogen?
            Any substance can burn if you heat it up enough (even water), natural gas works in this situation becuase it is largely inflammable (not easy to burn) and cheap. Nitrous is not the right substance for this task.

Comment

Originally posted by NastyBT

The gas inhibits the flames, it doesn't act as a fuel, that the entire point. It is actually more efficient than water or foam.
              Doesnt act as a fuel,Gonzo was right---what a maroon.
              More efficient than water huh,next time you get a trash can fire take a tank of propane and see how more efficent it is to blow up the trash and surronding neighborhoods than just useing some water and putting the fire out.

Comment

New version of "Can Man" ?
                Last edited by Bones42; 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM.
                "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

WTF

Any substance can burn if you heat it up enough (even water), natural gas works in this situation becuase it is largely inflammable (not easy to burn) and cheap. Nitrous is not the right substance for this task.
                  OK I must have dozed off in class when they taught us that water can burn.(***uming he means igniting and not scalding)
                  No s##t Nitrous is not the right substance, neither is natural gas.
                  Nitrogen on the other hand is another story.
                  SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
                  "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

I got the best of both worlds- Firefighter and Marine

Comment

Whether it works or not ... it sure would limit the need for salvage.

Stay Safe

Comment

Just a point of clarification.

Water when put on a Magnesium fire or even put on sodium will ionize into Hydrogen and oxygen. It is possible for water to be made flammable but it takes a whole lot of energy to do it.
                      Shawn M. Cecula
                      Firefighter
                      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

I happened to find what may be some early test footage of some of NastyBT's early tests on fire theory.

Fire testing video
                        It may take some time to down load, so be patient.
                        Last edited by Steamer; 07-11-2003, 10:57 AM.
                        Steve Gallagher
                        IACOJ BOT
                        ----------------------------
                        "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

THATS MY BROTHER!!!! where did u find that clip thats crazy, i wonder if he knows it got put online.
                          I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Comment

I only have one BIG question......i think most of us wouldlike to know who certified this guy because whoever did needs to return to grade school.He must be high from inhaling all this natural gas fumes! LOL

Donna C
                            Fire Chief
                            Bridge Canyon Vol. Fire Dept.
                            http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Comment

You have tried this in your fire place. NOT in a room filled with FIRE!!!A fire place is smaller then a room and has a outlet at the top called a chimney. ROOMS DONT HAVE CHIMNEYS! That why it has worked for you.
                              Last edited by Quigger; 07-11-2003, 01:28 PM.

Comment

lol nice video steamer, hahaha, i think that was the theory of blowing alot of wind into the fire tho, lol.

Crap, water burns, guys lets start filling our trucks with dirt, but i supposed dirts next to combust.

Im glad we still have morons like him here that i can laugh at Im glad this post is here, haha, gives all of us a good laugh during the day

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X