Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Invented A New Way To Fight Fires (Patent Advice Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Invented A New Way To Fight Fires (Patent Advice Needed)

Instead of using a crude water gun to supress flames (which only works well for certain types of fires) I am going to build a device that chokes the flames with natural gas.

Think about it! Natural gas is cheap and despite popular belief, not very easy to ignite. Infact if the concentrations are not exact it will not burn at all. This is where my device comes in. Once a fire breaks out this device will flood the room or whatever very rapidly with natural gas. The gas will flood the area and snuff out the flames because all the oxygen will be used up.

Why this will work:

-The science is sound: This is not some snake oil pipe dream, this is based on fact.

-Natural gas is cheap: Per pound it is much cheaper than water so I can charge the same amount as a fire extingusiher and still make crazy ca$h!

-Work for all fires: Oil, grease, wood, paper, even napalm can be extinguished with this device. Any size fire, even forest fires can be fought this way.

I'm going to need to hire some people to get this working. Anyone know a good patent lawyer or any fellow inventors have suggestions?

I'm going to need to hire some people to get this working. Anyone know a good patent lawyer or any fellow inventors have suggestions?
    I'd get working on the lawyer first...you're gonna need a good one.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Comment

Yup, that'll work well.

Steve Gallagher
        IACOJ BOT
        ----------------------------
        "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

I can't even believe that someone even wrote that....

Man- you need some serious help.

Enough Said.
          Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
          "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

In theory....

What a Maroon!

NastyBT forgot one thing... What happens when the gas level hits it's flammable range (5 to 15% concentration in air)?

If he wants "natural gas"...he should be at my firehouse when I bring in a crockpot full of my wife's "conflagration chili"!
            Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 07-07-2003, 01:44 PM.
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Natural gas not very flammable?

I think workers of offshore oil rigs would tend to disagree. Just ask the people who survived Piper Alpha in the North Sea.
              United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Dude, say no to drugs
                Attached Files
                FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

A little Logic goes a long way

Well First off, while on paper the idea looks semi achievable. But lets take a look at it a little more in depth. First like previously post natural gas may only combust within a certain concentration but when you first deploy the gas the concentration will pass through the combustion ratio which will cause the combustion and as it burns the concentration will lower but the gas coming through the line will replace that concentration so it will just intensify the flames. Second what happens to any people in the area when it deploys. You stated that it will deprive the fire of oxygen much like that of Halon but it also deprives the person of O2 causing their death. Third how in the world are you going to market this? Imagine telling a person “Yea were going put out your fire with the same stuff we use to heat your stove”. People will be terrified of this and the product will fail. Third how can natural gas be more abundant than H20 considering our earth in consists of 2/3 water? Finally just a basic idea we don’t fight fire with fire. Meaning we don’t use something flammable to try to extinguish a fire. Simple logic. All I can say is keep thinking out of the box but try to throw some logic in there too

Comment

NastyBT, also know as Professor Flatulence, decided to use his/her very first post as an indication of other intelligent contributions he or she plans to make.

I suggest you add this person to your ignore list....because whatever they might have to say.............stinks.

C'mon people.....this post could not have been genuine.
                    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Natural Gas and Fire don't Mix

Main story: 10 people injured, 115 homes damaged as tented house explodes
                      By Larry Altman and Ian Gregor

DAILY BREEZE

A Torrance home tented for fumigation filled with natural gas and exploded into a thunderous ball early Tuesday, sending a shock wave through two cities, damaging at least 115 homes, blowing out windows and injuring 10 people.

The blast — which one expert said was equivalent to 200 to 400 sticks of dynamite — leveled the three-bedroom, two-bathroom residence, leaving only a snapped brick chimney and concrete porch standing amid a pile of wood, mattresses, crumpled furniture and stucco.

The homeowners, Robert and Helen Mimura, were away and never appeared at the scene.

The explosion dislodged Ralph Losorelli's home next door from its foundation, cracked walls, shattered car windows, and blew out garage doors and windows throughout the 20900 block of Tomlee Avenue. A storm of glass flew into homes and insulation showered the street.

Stucco, wood and glass covered the cul-de-sac just off Torrance Boulevard and Prospect Avenue, and fire roared from a sheared natural gas line until crews capped it at 7:45 a.m. Firefighters said 33 homes in Torrance were damaged, along with 82 in Redondo Beach on nearby streets.

Torrance fire investigators said the blast resulted from natural gas leaking inside the tented house for nearly 15 hours. Torrance fire spokesman Tad Friedman said the gas accumulated from the time the one-story house was tented at 3 p.m. Monday, filling the home from the attic down.

At 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, something touched off the blast. Friedman said it could have been anything from the fans working to move the fumigant inside the residence to “something as innocuous as a refrigerator motor.”

Investigators planned to question residents who heard hissing prior to the blast.

Friedman said, adding the fumigant used, sulfuryl fluoride, is not flammable.

The 5:45 a.m. explosion could be felt as far away as San Pedro and West Los Angeles. But on Tomlee, residents one-by-one described being awakened by what felt like a bombing, a plane crash or earthquake.

“We thought it was a terrorist attack on our house,” said Nancy Ozolins, who lives across the street from the Mimuras. Ozolins' solid oak door blew out, along with every window and skylight in the house.

“My TV shot across the room,” she said. “It was the biggest explosion. It's so horrible.”

Torrance firefighter Friedman said it was amazing no one was seriously hurt.

Comment

Geez I must have really overslept badly this time - surely it can't be April Fools day again so soon?
                        Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Comment

1. I can't tell if the original idiot is joking or serious.

2. I know it is a catastrophe but I can't help but chuckle over the "Honey I Blew Up The House" thing.
                          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

If you want to fight fires this way then try it out and get back to us on it if your still alive.

Comment

Whats wrong with nitrogen,did it suddenly lose its non-flammabilty?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X