Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiefmikec
    replied
    My first flashover class was in a portable container and it was a great class. We currently have a portable container that we use for some live fire training, it is great for teaching thermal layering and provides a great place to experiment with new equipment. My only suggestion is make sure there are two ways out and you have a means to ventilate the container rapidly otherwise you only get one use out of it per training session.

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Thanks, Cap....I've been through LSU's flashover simulator several times (kinda where I got the idea ) It is an excellent class. I was kinda wondering more if anyone had any experience using them for other live fire training...how they're laid out, how much did it cost to set up, that sort of thing. I'm considering this as an economical way for my department to have its own live fire training prop, simple though it may be. Anyone out there using them?

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    The Massachusetts Fire Academy uses one for their flashover demonstration prop....a very good course to take if you have the opportunity!

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    started a topic Training facilities

Training facilities

Just a quick question...anybody out there using decomissioned shipping containers as training props for live burn training? I've heard of some departments using them and wondered if anyone has any experience with them, positive or negative. Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X