X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebTeam
    replied

This thread has been very popular but since it has divereted into personal attacks on individuals, including a few posts that had to be deleted, it will be closed.

Please refer to the Terms of Service when you registered.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hahahah. Do I sense a little animosity from "ghettoghost"? Mad cause you have to ride on 88? If I am right, the findings stated what I had once said... Two members from your company jumped a member from 37, and then that member proceeded to lay the smack down. This was decided as the truth by the county. Because your station was punished, you want to change the story of what actually happened? How can you say one company is in bed with the county? If a company is endangering the lives of other companies on working incidents, then shouldn't something be done?

In that 26 house, I believe what really happened, (not push for push from 8 vs. 26), a member from 8 tried to knock the Lt.'s mask off. In the report it proceeds to say that the member of 8 then said to 26's Lt. "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were one of my guys." Would you do that to your own man? Knock their mask off in a smoke filled room for the line? You answer that one.

As for 339, and 379, I think you continue to bring that issue up because you are mad since you get stuck on 88.

Oh and how can the stats be right on Squad 8? I sure hope you aren't the one that kept them, seeings that you spelled Ritchie Rd. wrong.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Couple odds & ends.....

On 8's statistics - 8 was not included in the convention book's statistics because they did not submit a statistical report in time to get printed in the book. I use the county figures only for stations 22 and 44 when compiling all this info for the book. If you don't turn in a report, you don't get into the book. Period. Why don't I use the county figures for anyone else? Simple - they're wrong. A few years ago, I had a problem with the number of calls the county had for BX18, the county's figure was way lower. I produced a paper report to match every call 18 reported, yet was told by Christine Barker at SARS that she knew that the county's figures were inaccurate, but since they were the official numbers, it didn't matter if they were right or wrong, and no one cared. That's why I will not use county figures for volunteer statistics. Since we seem to have some people from 8 watching this thread, please turn in a report for 2000. It will be greatly appreciated.

On out of county people....
    Don't be fooled by waivers - they aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and don't expect one to protect your company from a lawsuit should an injury or death occur. I'm not suggesting that trained non-members shouldn't be allowed to ride, just make sure your company's *** is covered in the event of a problem.

The county took a good idea with the id number system and so screwed it up that it's unmanageable now. The entire process is so long and full of bs that i'm convinced that it is deliberate, and designed to run off prospective volunteer members. I'd love for someone from the county to post here exactly why the process is the way that it is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    With the new dispatching procedure for sending units right away to supplement under staffed units and the addition of a task force alarm on all working incidents 8 will only get busier and as far as the squad goes if there is any truth to the mutual aid to DC rumor you can add patrs of se and ne dc to its response area

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    According to Their website.....Squad 8 ran over 2300 calls in 1999........which puts them first.....and last year due to their trouble the squad was only in service for 4 months of the year but in those 4 months it ran 1076 calls......u do the math. Good location? Central and Addison is about as good as it gets. Huge area to run? Squad 8 runs the beltway basically between landover and pennsylvania ave.......and all house and box assignments from cheverly/kentland area to largo back around thru ritchie and district heights. Also if squad 27 is out of service ( which it is for sometime of the year due to the countys low bid process ) squad 8 is due all the way to oxon hill and silver hill on those assignments not to mention running the beltway all the way to St barnabas or so. Just a lil info to add to the above stats. I can only imagine runninng all that area.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If im not mistaken squad 8 ran somewhere around 2500 calls in 99. Last year it only ran around 1000 calls but the squad was OOS from march to nov. As far as squad 27 seeing more fire i dont think so with squad 8 running fire in 5,6,17,26,27,33,37,38,and 46's first due.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1999 Top Squad Company Calls

Obviously 8 wasn't included in the stats for this year for whatever reason, but 27 I am pretty sure is busier and I would say it's a good bet they run a lot more fire too. They are just in a good location and have a huge area to run.

[This message has been edited by rfd241 (edited 02-22-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Amen SMD...JERSEYFLAME...

Maybe someone knows the "current" ride along policy with the county. I say current because it has become unfortunate in the last few years that the County has put the clamps on guys riding from other departments. A few PG companies let guys ride w/o numbers because the leadership has the balls to tell them to stick it. Obviously, Seat Pleasant used to have lot of vollies come down and catch work, and from there the problem came. Just like when the DC Chief back in the late 80's said nobody could ride for insurance reasons. The real reason was guys were getting interested in the job and that did not fit in with their dream of local (minority) employment. In PG, there is no doubt that they didn't want guys coming down and wanting to volunteer. It wasn't a black and white thing though. Some of this had to do with Kenny Hendricks' death and the whole accountability issue but a waiver would have taken care of any liability problem.

I don't know what the current policy of visitors is at 8. I understand that some of the paid men at 8 don't give a sh*t because they hate what PGFD has become, but I don't know if the current Chief has grown a set enough to let visitors on the fire truck. Last year, he only wanted visitors riding in the buggy. Maybe someone could address this?

The whole aura of PG County volunteer firefighting was that people could come down and catch fire and spread the good word and all they needed was a temp PAT. I don't ride out there much but I can tell you SEAT PLEASANT was MECCA. Kentland does more in their first due, but Seat Pleasant went to more jobs and took more fire from the weak South side in the late 80's and 90's. Hillside might have gone to the same or even more than the SEAT but since they no longer exist, it's a moot point.

Another thing which I don't have the answer to is how difficult it is to get a number from the County. They have always drawn out the process for out of towners and made it difficult... they would set layers of bureacracy. I don't know if this has changed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    when i first started last year in my local fire department in lancaster, PA everyone was talking about PG counties kentland 33. they said go to the website and check it out. so natually i did being the courious person i am and was stunned at the call volume. never have i seen a vol. dept with such numbers. from what i looks like you guys do a hell of a job. also where can i get info on ride along info for kentland 33.

Robert,
    ffemt, fire 2-2, ems 2-13

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have also noticed that your forums about Seat Pleasant have disappeared once they have been brought up......hmmmmm.....wonder if someone who modifies these forums for firehouse.com is a volunteer at a neighboring station....oh well.....anyway as far as seat pleasant goes they still do have the squad and the same core of 8-10 volunteers are still there working with the career people and believe it or not.....now sit down.......it seems to be working fine. I know i know...crazy isnt it that volunteers would actually get along with career firefighters in the same station.........unheard of. I have not heard of any complaints or problems coming from that station since the county shoved them down their throats. Also guess what........it wasnt the volunteers that were out of control........supposedly the paid men at 8...thats right...paid men.......are getting written up on calls almost as frequently as the volunteers did when they were 100% volunteer.....and yes to answer your question they were THE FIRST 100 % volunteer station in PG county. So it seems it wasnt a "volunteer" thing.....its a Seat Pleasant thing......which boils down to pure jealousy. I say this cuz as far back as i can remember 33 and 8 have both had reputations for doing their job as well as everyone elses job. This still continues...........surrounding companies get mad cuz seat pleasant comes in...and either beats them in their first due or arrives after them and still manages to take the fire.........only cuz the other companies half step and are either scared to do the job or just dont know how. This incites other companies to try and look for flaws or problems to "write co 8 up" as some form of retribution for company 8 having to do their ( other companies ) job. Also not to mention that Seat pleasant has had the busiest special service ( ladder truck or rescue squad )in the county for years and will probably have that title again this year and this in itself makes other companies mad also. So all in all.....Seat Pleasant seems to be gettin along ok..........i personally have not had any problems with company 8, career or volunteer, in the past 6 months since the county has finished raping them and have set their sites on other companies to commit this god awful "crime" on them. It seems that everytime i happen to listen to the fire radio at the station i seem to always hear squad 8 goin somehwhere, or one of the wagons from 8 and yes as the bastard county has had its way w them........ambulance 88 is also on the road constantly. I dont see where they have anytime to sleep or eat or do anything as they always have 1 or 2 pieces on the road doing something whether it is a medic local, 9I, or one of the many working fires they run. According to their website they have run 15 working fires as of the beginning of February and they are looking for members.........may be the chance some of u are looking for to get more experience whether it be EMS or fire....seems they do it all. I wish the very few strong volunteer companies left in the county good luck and watch your backs....the county is everywhere. Be safe EVERYONE.......that includes volunteer and career.

PS.....YES.....free Mike Harrison

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've tried to start a seperate forum but its been erased twice so I'll ask here. I want to know about seat pleasant. I've heard that they were actually the 1st 100% volunteer fire dept in the county but have now gotten paid men. I'm interested in going to a company with a squad and heard they had the busiest fire load of any squad in the county. Is it a good station to go to, are the members ok and i know they have an ambulance but thats ok

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The Rescue Units have been renumbered to the stations that they are housed in. Thus R1 became R22, R2 became R30, and R3 became R26. Rescue 6 used to be Amb 69.

Rescue 30 and Medic 30 have dedicated staffing. 309 is manned by station 30s personnel who also ride the fire apparatus.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1 word about this forum: WOW!

Peace, Love, and Brotherhood

Lets talk about something else... patches, how I can get more and who can get me them..

Ok I have been out for a while with an LOD injury.. Did they rename Rescue 2 to Rescue 30 and Rescue 1 to Rescue 22. What is rescue 26 and what is Rescue 6. Also, since there is a medic at 30 and a rescue unit, who rides 309. where is the staffing for rescue 30 and amb 309 coming from? I am curious to know this stuff.

Has anyone yet seen the Code 3 model of Tower 33? Its awesome, but ironically, it actually displays the "3" from Dale Ernhardt.
    I recommend picking one up.. www.code3.net

Cousin Vinny

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HALIGANPG how can you say let the findings about the 2 fights 8 was involved in speak for themselves and then turn around and say the same county has no right to say every station should have an ambulance. And if your Fire Dept accepts county money your not a private organization. I hope when your responding on 379 instead of riding that new seagrave you'll realize that going to bed with the county to get 8 only got you 4 months of not getting your doors blown off at central and Richie by the GHETTOGHOST

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    get over it....the fight was a long time ago
    volunteersmokeeater i know who you are...NOT A VOLLIE so go back to your union hall where you belong

what i dont understand is the way the 26 fight was handled on the paid side...the damn union got their boys off while the volunteers sat by and watched a fellow volunteer get punished.

we need to back each other up no mater what we do and put a united front out to the county and union, and then deal with any problems inhouse through our own union-type organization. this is what the 1619 does, and obviously it has been effective.
    When is the last time you heard of a paid man getting in trouble!! get my point?

-----
    Volunteer Firemen : Dedicated to the JOB not the PAYCHECK

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...