This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    On the career side when a firefighter gets detailed to another station the detailed firefighter most likely will be assigned to the ambulance. Don't you think this will happen if members from one firehouse goes to another firehouse? If that does happen what do you think the chances of that firefighter or any other coming back to that station that needed help to begin with? Also if that firefighter from another station does not have to ride the ambulance and you make your members take the ambulance calls don't you think there will be some resentment? Try to recruit volunteers that love EMS and once you have them don't run them out. When I work in a station that has an ambulance and volunteers would come in it was not uncommon to have their dinners paid for if they took the ambulance. On the volunteer side we would do our best to treat the EMS members like gold, this would ensure that they would stay and keep coming back. This in turn would allow the firefighters to ride the fire engines and not have to worry about the ambulance at all. This is just my thought.

David Polikoff www.workingfire.net

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There is no way around it we all need to work together to stay alive and standing in this county. If you help out another station maybe you can show them some of the things that your station does and how you guys do things. Also how your station recruits and retains so many members in comparison to the ones you go to help out. I think this would work well, but I think that members of ones own department sometimes question a members loyalty to their own station. Once we can all become above that I belive this will work.....eventually.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    we need to have a separate site with a live chat/message board etc. so we can keep this dialogue open....arguing is better than not talking to each other...
    anyone else with ideas?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have to agree.
    No response from kvfdlife???
    It seems that everyone talks the talk, but who walks the walk? When it really comes down to it, nobody will take the lead, and go with it.
    Everything sounds good, but until it is actually implimented, it is just another thought!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nah, we just got all the pent up frustrations out on each other and don't have much else to say.

I apologize if I've offended anyone. See you on the big one. Really big one if we're there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It seems that this thread has come to a screeching halt once people suggested we help each other out. There are some volunteer companies that will always survive. But everyone else is going to need some help......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was wondering if there was a large turn out of volunteers at the PGCVFRA meeting the other night.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fireman902

THREE WORDS!!!

YOU GO BOY !!!

That is all

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    kvfd4life...

I am not disagreeing with you in any aspect. Just trying to help you out. Everybody apparently looks up at Kentland. Think of the trend you could start by staffing both of your VOLUNTEER FIRE STATIONS! 46 Has sooo many EMS members, that like to ride the ambulance, you may not even have to ride it that often. Just a thought, you cannot expect others to follow what you cannot start. You my friend have the ability. You do not need any outside permission to lay the ground work. You have the same Chief and both stations are in the same battalion. Think about this. If you truely care about the direction of the volunteers in this county, you will do whatever is needed.

To the members of stations 28, also keep this in mind. Remember what happened to station 44? It is now an all paid station. 19 Mine as well be also...43 is next...when will it stop??

If you care about the volunteers,please think about this strongly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You know I finally got a chance to sit down and read some of the interesting things said in this forum and I have got to say that some of you dont have a clue.If you understood what was going on or were willing enough to ask the right people questions perhaps you would be educated on the various subjects that you are talking about. First of all in reference to sta20 being able to run 3 pumpers you might ask stations 25-40-37-43-36as well as others that when they need a pumper they call sta20 and always get it.And as far as anyone being on the commision and getting a special deal that idea is crazy. Maybe its because they give a little and dont look at everything being about one company. But about the people willing to work together for one common goal and that is to get a job done not feed egos. It might be because they have and ambulance and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done and not rely on there neighbors to get the job done. Because all they want to do is run up there engine stats running medical locals. And as far as the Association put your actions where your mouth is get involved , become an active participant. Instead of looking for problems act on solutions and stop blaming people. Or blame yourself for not doing anything about it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well Well Well, Its really nice to see all of the volunteers in PG County getting along so well.

Cant we all just get along!!

Dont you think BIG BROTHER (Sarnicki) IS WATCHING!

I know for a fact he has slammed companys for pics or there websites of guys not in full gear.

Petty ??? I think so..

Sarnicki if your looking at the Fourm what do you think of this all ???

Peace~

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fireman902: There are a lot of issues that will need to be addressed before a volunteer plan would work (those are the inner and intra station problems I was referring to). A program like this needs to be put together at the chief level. There are a few multi-station departments that seem to have or have had the same problem 33/46 does (34/44, 21/42, 32/47, 28/48…. to name a few) one station is dumping the house while the other is undermanned. This would be a good way for the volunteers to unite and support each other. Some volunteers might have a problem not being at their own station, but if it was a battalion program you would probably run most of the same assignments as your own station. The few hours spent at another station could be considered a transfer for the purpose of statistics. Once all the volunteers start working together and get to really know the members at the other stations some of the “bad blood” that exists now might go away (but there is a chance more problems could be created). If the volunteers of Prince George County could make a plan like this work on a regular basis, it could serve as a model for the rest of the nation (many others are watching what PG does).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is anyone here seriously intersted in helping out other statoins? I wanna hear what the stations with multiple crews think about this. Stations like 1, 9, 10, 12, 27, 33, 34. Especially someone like 9, they usually have a lot of guys and they are around many stations that are consistently failing or understaffed. I think it could work but I'm not sure how willing guys would be to take part in this. 33 has enough volunteers that if they wanted they could probably move a few guys over to 46 and run the career guys out of there too. They have an ambulance but it would begin to show that we are still strong and looking to better things instead of just bring more power to only one station.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    kvfd4life...

You have an excellent idea...but why don't you practice what you preach?
    Your sister station, 46, the same organization you are a member of, is CONSISTANTLY FAILING AND/OR GOING OUT UNDERSTAFFED, while 33 maintains 2-3 crews daily. Why not show the county how it works and begin at home. Then maybe people will begine to respect your words more.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just to clarify on something I said earlier... I didn't hear Pres. Underwood make any comments about the forum, most likely because he was on the other side of the room, and most people were too busy getting out of their chairs, putting on their coats, and all the other racket normally associated with clearing out of a meeting. If I didn't hear him, i'll bet a lot of other people didn't either.

To be fair, Frank Underwood has been a very active and dedicated volunteer for a long time, and has done a lot for not only his company, but many of us individually as well.

Before anyone gripes about helping out their neighboring companies with staffing, keep in mind that that call credit and standby time you accumulate at one of your neighboring companies still goes towards your LOSAP and tax incentive programs. You won't lose a thing there - as long as you keep track of it.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X