This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I used to be a PG volunteer at 12...then my slide rule wore out so I applied for a paid job. My mop broke and my throat was sore from all the whinning so I applied to DCFD but they figured me out...I was a coward...So I applied to FDNY...I made it through 1/2 the academy and wussed out and went back to DC where I tried to hide out on a truck company but was put on an engine. I hate it because I actually have to go into fires. Maybe I'll get promoted soon to batallion chief and then I won't have to worry about it.

Engine15loser

Comment

Engine15loser,...

Are you saying that you are bored with your career as a firefighter ? There are Hundreds maybe even thousands of guys and girls out there who would "Kill" to be part of the DCFD or FDNY Hell, I wouldn't mind it my-self...I hope I am reading your post wrong and if I am I'm sorry but if you have no intrest in the job why do you keep it ? Being bored or wussing out is no way to get promoted to a B/C --- Not to mention a dangerous attitude not only to your-self but to the fellow brothers and sisters you work with....Again I hope I'm Wrong in the way I read your posting

Comment

Brian Dunlap, let me clear something up for you. The post prior to yours was written by somebody who doesn't have the courage to put their real name or affiliation on their post. This person is attempting to mock Capt D/DCengninecapt.

If pressed I would guess that they are a young member of a busy PG company, and therefore think that they are the saltiest SOB to walk the planet. I doubt very seriously that they are qualified to speak knowlegeably on the subject of Capt Ds career. I doubt very seriously that they are even qualified to even ride his coat-tail.

Comment

As being a ex Volly and a listener of the PGFD for the last 20 years. I know what goes on in the PGFD.
          It is true that the EMS is not best job but here people do Volunteer just to do that.
          To put the Career persons on just the EMS alot of the stations would just not get out.
          It is nice to ride here like alot if you have but it is nice to know that no matter what there is a someone that will be there .
          The old saying in the House was TICK for the Vollies.But that is not true anymore
          Here 33 is the FDNY of county but it is not the norm. ( clear the house on a trash fire).
          But there are more here then just them.
          If you want to see a true vollie company in PG go anywhere but 33.
          Kentland is a total volunteer co. but it is made up all career in their off hours.
          That is the way it is done around here.You may do the Job but then you Vollie in another place

Comment

I glad that there is someone out there that think the Firefighters from the stations in Prince George's County do good work. I have been a Volunteer firefighter now for 32 years now. I find that we train, put out fires and have fun with the best in the country. Yes, there are few who think their stuff don't stink. But the majority of us are like all the rest of you. Yes we have aride along program in the county if would like to come a ride with us. I am at the Marlboro VFD 20/45 and we h ave room for you stay with us. We are not like Kentland. There is only one of them and they do a excellant job. My station is just like yours at home. I am proud to be a firefighter in the county. I would welcome any of you to come visit us. Iwood51 I love your atatement and good to hear from you again. Thanks again

Mike Krakosky Sr.
            Marlboro VFD 20/45
            Assistant Chief 45

------------------

Comment

FireBuffPG:

You are incorrect in your statement that all Kentland volunteers are career firefighters elsewhere.

Comment

FireBuffPG:

You are incorrect in your statement that all Kentland volunteers are career firefighters elsewhere. I believe it would be less than 50% of the membership.

Comment

--

[This message has been edited by CousinVinny354 (edited 02-08-2001).]

Comment

I would love to be doing what they do. My department runs about 300 calls a year and these guys are doing 120-150 a wekk!! Anyone know who i can contact to possibly get a chance to ride?

Later

Comment

This was a forum about PG County, Not Kentland. But since everyone is talking about Kentland again, What I want to know is why the PG County Fire Chief will not give company 33 a reserve truck until tower 33 returns from repairs?

Comment

I recently got a chance to ride with Kentland 33...........They were all that has been said and then some. To the dude who wants to ride, all I had to do was buy a carton of Marlboro lights for J & Pinky and the other fellas, and a package of RedMan chew for a dude named Jimmy fingarzz....pretty cheap for 3 days of fast action.....They let me eat with em too.and even spent alot of time showing my girlfriend around the firehouse........some damn nice dudes....Im pround to say ive had the 33 experiance........

Comment

Well I think this all sounds neat and all but, in that kind of area is 2 stations really enough for 40sq miles? Thats like having 2 staions in all of Newark or Jersey City. Imagine if FDNY only had 2 stations per 40sq miles? No wonder why they have that many calls. It also looked like Kentland does not have very many people per incident ether. I do think its great that they are 100% volunteer. Just it sounds like risky stuff down there.

Comment

--

Comment

Ok, thanks. Now it makes more since.

Comment

--

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X