This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    As far as the 8 vs 37 and 8 vs 26 why don't you let the findings speak for themselves. and on the subject of ambulances who in this world has the right to tell a private corporation what they can and cannot do or what they have to have. Last time I checked to be chartered by the state as a fire dept you only have to have an engine there is nothing there about an ambulance. If resolution 43 was that important for prince Georges county local 1619 to go all the way to Chicago ill. to submit a by-law change why haven't they enforced it on anyone yet.
    (are you scared)!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I could have sworn that the problem was that 37 got beat into their area by 8 and 33. 37 then came into the house and a member from 8 told them to hold up and then a guy from 37 hit the member from 8 above the eye with a hook another member from 8 saw this and backed up his brother.I am not saying it needed to go as far as it did but I believe it got started by a member from 37 striking the member from 8. As for the problem with 26 and 8 I believe that only 3 people know what really happened and one was a vol. from 8 the other two are paid men from 26 so how do you really know VolunteerSmokeEater.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Okay VOLUNTEERSMOKEEATER first you should take your own advice and only talk about what you know. The member from 37 was the aggressor in the incident with 8 and 8 was punished by losing their squad. And on the 2nd incident the ff from 8 was pushed first and was only defending himself so unless you were present on these calls then you have simply been misinformed. 37 does have something to lose and that is their day men which since I don't hear them double pulling during the day would be costly so there is the justification for 379. I agree with you on the fact that since there are no county pieces in 33 it will be very hard to break them but if you make enough mistakes and **** enough people off you can find yourself running the first due only.

[This message has been edited by GHETTOGHOST (edited 02-22-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lets just put it this way. I am tired of hearing people talk about things they do not know about. Company 8 was involved in two altercations. They first tried to jump a member from 37. The county did nothing about this. Then a member from 8 tried to knock off a paid captain's mask in a 26 house. The county took action after the paid man was endangered. 33 has done nothing this serious to endanger any lives. So they pull 333 and use it for tool jobs.... so what? What happens if they don't use it, and then someone dies because the first due squad is late getting out and takes too long to cut someone out.

As for 33 and 37 taking an ambulance. I'm willing to bet that neither 33, nor 37 will take one. Think about it. They had the Squad to their advantage to putting 8's ambulance in service. 8 wanting their squad back, so they agreed to take 88 so they could get out of their first due and begin running the squad again. The county doesn't have anything like that against 33, or 37. As for 27, they have 2 county pieces, which is a bargaining chip.

About 23 and 27 combining, this would be a good idea. How many times do you hear 231 with 2? Either that, or make 23 like 6. EMS only. There are plenty of companies (25, 26, 27, 29, 20, 37, among others) who can run and cover that area pretty well. What good is having 1 firefighter on 23's piece, when arriving on the seen its a working building fire?

Resolution 43: Its not the point that people are mad about being what they might lose, people are mad because it is something about the volunteers.

What someone does on their free time is none of the county's business where I'm concerned.
    Saying that I cannot Volunteer on my off time, is like saying that I can't coach my son's baseball team on my off time, I can't cut my grass, and I'm pretty much not allowed to do anything because I am volunteering to do it.

Its the simple fact, that this was diliberately done to **** Volunteers off. Think about it, this is really a case of discrimination. It runs along the same lines as saying, "You are a latino, you are not allowed to be here.", and saying "You are a volunteer, you are not allowed to be here." Think about it.

Proud to be a PG Volunteer for life.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ok here we go with the new general order. you run a box the third due company is under staffed. the fourth due company pulls extra units. the extra unit is placed in service and an engine 8 or 9 spots down the run card is added to the box. what since does this make.

[This message has been edited by haliganpg (edited 02-22-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by aktormedic:
    An excellent point...

When is the next PGVFRA meeting? Are people going again to "protest"?
    I agree. Excellent point. Call me paranoid, but I suspect some of our posters may be union members trying to stir up the ranks.

The next county assn meeting will be March 14th, at Boulevard Heights. Assn meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of the month, and the location goes by ascending station number; ie; april will be at 18, may - 19, june - 20, etc.

Fire Commission meetings are the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays at 7:30pm. The 1st meeting is at the FSB, the 2nd is either at the FSB or at a station willing to host it. These meetings are open to the volunteer membership, but only the commission members may vote on business.

[This message has been edited by Edwardo9 (edited 02-21-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    6873:

Excellent point! I don't claim to know everything, and therefore do not comment on all aspects of the problems we face. When I do learn something new on the matter, it adjusts my views overall and I'm more than willing to admit my mispreceptions.

In terms of formal complaints, I do not see why people write up other companies around them. Whether it is 8 or 33 - what is the purpose? To get back at them for doing something to you? It is probably something you've done, or will do. Do you want things to escalate or just let each others mistakes equal out in the end?

Complaining on every small thing seems like a rather backhanded solution, don't you think? I know that these conflicts occur all the time between companies throughout the county, it is just sad to fully realize what the end result will be.

If nothing is done then volunteers in PG county will continue to dwindle. Whether or not the companies can get along, something must be done in a united front. Everyone must come together and decide how their department can fit into the big picture. Some type of consolidation is in order. This may be one of the only chances that the volunteers as a whole will be able to carry on saving the taxpayers the millions they do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    An excellent point...

When is the next PGVFRA meeting? Are people going again to "protest"?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    how many people that have posted about the problems in pg county really work or vol. in the county. If you do not have a county # how do you really know what is going on, I realize alot of people follow what happens in pg but do you really know what is happening or just what you are told or see on a web site. I am not trying to discredit anyone but do you really know what happened to 8, what 33 does, or who really puts out the fires. Even members in the county may only have part of the story so be careful who you believe and what you spread. Everyone in the county knows what their firehouse does or doesn't do but stop and see what is going on around you before you write the next complaint on 8 and 33 because you very well may be next.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have read what people are saying about
    PG County. There are the good and the bad comments.
    We are lucky (unlucky) to have 5 structure fires a year. 100+ for a volly dept is amazing.
    All I can say is ....
    Where do I sign up?

If anybody from PG County would be able to send me some info, it would be greatly appreciated [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Two cent's worth...if the DCFD union leadership pulled any kind of bull with the PG volunteer membership you would have about 400 union cards on Ray Sneed's desk. Everybody knows this and it's a non-issue. Montgomery's local is not as strong but it's smart enough not to push the issue.

PGVolunteer made a good assessment, the vollys have only themsleves to blame, but it was too difficult to put aside the little feifdom's. An all volunteer 6 and 26 would have been a hell of a first due. The Chief from 26 is a sell out anyway and with the exception of Chickenman at 6 they were not smart enough anyway. I call it like I see it. Evidently 27 and 23 are combining. This is a good move, Let's see how long they can hold Sarn at bay before he shoves 279 down their throat.

One more thing, I love Mike Harrison to death, but he has only himself to blame. What a waste...I'm refering to Seat Pleasant. I call it like I see it. Be safe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Question-
    I have been trying to collect as many (with the hopes of getting all) patches from the county as possible...
    I have the patches from Companies:

7 8 11 14 28/48 33/46 38 (possibly 12 and 37 on the way)

I tried to get Company 27's Patch but I never got an answer from their webmaster.

I am looking to get the following patches in the near future:
    2 and 3 before they make a new VFD
    5 9 17 21/42 24 26 27 29 32/47 34

If anyone has those or another not mentioned and would like to trade or sell (preferably trade, I have tons of patches from the US that I would love to trade for PG Patches.
    Please email me @ [email protected] or click the email thing below.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for clearing that up for me USAR29, now this thread makes more sense to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GreenCap,

Single, Double and Triple Pulling describes the apparatus response from your station.

In P.G. County, your station's proximity to a call determines which piece from your station is due. Each station is only dispatched for a single piece, however, those stations with additional staffing will "double pull" or "triple pull", (i.e. Engine Company is due on the assignment, so the station runs the Engine with the Truck "running extra".

Ultimately, though 4 engines, a truck, and a squad may be dispatched on an assignment, it is not unlikely to have 6 or 7 engines, 2 or 3 trucks, and a squad or two show up on that same call, plus about 5 chief officers in their "buggies". Some of this will change as a result of the new dispatch/response general order.

This might account for the relatively low number of multiple alarm fires in PG County, despite a higher than average call volume, as there is typically more apparatus than is required for a 1st alarm already on the scene.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The county in which I live in (Monmouth County New Jersey) is about 500 square miles in area, with a population of about 604,000 people, the majority of which are concentrated in the eastern part of the county. There are over 100 fire stations operating within about 70 municipalities, or fire districts. These 70 jurisdictions levy their own taxes, have their own board of fire commissioners or town council, and are completely autonomous from one and other. Also, with the exception of one small career, and a hand full of small combination departments, none of the seventy jurisdictions have staffed fire stations on a regular basis. It is because of these facts that I have had an interest in the county fire departments in Maryland, specifically the PGFD, MCDFRS, and BCFD. I feel that Monmouth County, NJ is prime for a county system such as those in Maryland.

Now that I have explained where I am coming from and why I am posting on your board, let me ask a stupid question.

What does single, double, and triple pull mean? I would surmise that it means the number of hose lines deployed but if I don't ask I'll never know for sure.

Fraternally
    DKK
    Capt.
    APFD

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader