Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If im not mistaken squad 8 ran somewhere around 2500 calls in 99. Last year it only ran around 1000 calls but the squad was OOS from march to nov. As far as squad 27 seeing more fire i dont think so with squad 8 running fire in 5,6,17,26,27,33,37,38,and 46's first due.

Comment

• According to Their website.....Squad 8 ran over 2300 calls in 1999........which puts them first.....and last year due to their trouble the squad was only in service for 4 months of the year but in those 4 months it ran 1076 calls......u do the math. Good location? Central and Addison is about as good as it gets. Huge area to run? Squad 8 runs the beltway basically between landover and pennsylvania ave.......and all house and box assignments from cheverly/kentland area to largo back around thru ritchie and district heights. Also if squad 27 is out of service ( which it is for sometime of the year due to the countys low bid process ) squad 8 is due all the way to oxon hill and silver hill on those assignments not to mention running the beltway all the way to St barnabas or so. Just a lil info to add to the above stats. I can only imagine runninng all that area.

Comment

• With the new dispatching procedure for sending units right away to supplement under staffed units and the addition of a task force alarm on all working incidents 8 will only get busier and as far as the squad goes if there is any truth to the mutual aid to DC rumor you can add patrs of se and ne dc to its response area

Comment

• Couple odds & ends.....

On 8's statistics - 8 was not included in the convention book's statistics because they did not submit a statistical report in time to get printed in the book. I use the county figures only for stations 22 and 44 when compiling all this info for the book. If you don't turn in a report, you don't get into the book. Period. Why don't I use the county figures for anyone else? Simple - they're wrong. A few years ago, I had a problem with the number of calls the county had for BX18, the county's figure was way lower. I produced a paper report to match every call 18 reported, yet was told by Christine Barker at SARS that she knew that the county's figures were inaccurate, but since they were the official numbers, it didn't matter if they were right or wrong, and no one cared. That's why I will not use county figures for volunteer statistics. Since we seem to have some people from 8 watching this thread, please turn in a report for 2000. It will be greatly appreciated.

On out of county people....
          Don't be fooled by waivers - they aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and don't expect one to protect your company from a lawsuit should an injury or death occur. I'm not suggesting that trained non-members shouldn't be allowed to ride, just make sure your company's *** is covered in the event of a problem.

The county took a good idea with the id number system and so screwed it up that it's unmanageable now. The entire process is so long and full of bs that i'm convinced that it is deliberate, and designed to run off prospective volunteer members. I'd love for someone from the county to post here exactly why the process is the way that it is.

Comment

• Hahahah. Do I sense a little animosity from "ghettoghost"? Mad cause you have to ride on 88? If I am right, the findings stated what I had once said... Two members from your company jumped a member from 37, and then that member proceeded to lay the smack down. This was decided as the truth by the county. Because your station was punished, you want to change the story of what actually happened? How can you say one company is in bed with the county? If a company is endangering the lives of other companies on working incidents, then shouldn't something be done?

In that 26 house, I believe what really happened, (not push for push from 8 vs. 26), a member from 8 tried to knock the Lt.'s mask off. In the report it proceeds to say that the member of 8 then said to 26's Lt. "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were one of my guys." Would you do that to your own man? Knock their mask off in a smoke filled room for the line? You answer that one.

As for 339, and 379, I think you continue to bring that issue up because you are mad since you get stuck on 88.

Oh and how can the stats be right on Squad 8? I sure hope you aren't the one that kept them, seeings that you spelled Ritchie Rd. wrong.

Comment

• This thread has been very popular but since it has divereted into personal attacks on individuals, including a few posts that had to be deleted, it will be closed.

Please refer to the Terms of Service when you registered.

Thanks
              WebTeam

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...