• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    --

[This message has been edited by CousinVinny354 (edited 02-08-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Vin, whats your ID number, how long have you been in?

Second, stats...everyone boasts Kentland's stats, where are the Mini-Pumper stats?

Kentland tries to say they are the busiest Engine in the nation. The busiest Engine in the nation is DCFD Engine 10. This cannot be compared. Kentland can run 3 engine calls while another engine is on another call. DCFD is ONE ENGINE. It is apples and oranges?

Also, maybe Kentland can't have a reserve truck for the same reason the county will not let them have a Rescue Squad? Thats right folks...the "Rescue-Engine" you hear so much about is only AN ENGINE. They are not allowed to run a Rescue Squad.

Maybe if they took an ambulance, the county would have a different attitude towards them. Also note that Co 28, West Lanham Hills, never had a reserve truck when their truck was out, and they do not have an ambulance either.

Just some thoughts!

Just some more thoughts.

------------------
    Learn the facts before you run your mouth.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    --

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    KVFD,
    Wouldn't you think that the reserve trucks might belong on the south side of the county since alot of the trucks down there are out of service. There are a ton of trucks on the north side. With Tk 24 oos, and tw 21 out alot, where is the first due truck coming from to Co 47's area, 25 and second due 17 maybe.

Just a thought

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fitz that is very accurate information from two very good sources I would like to know about the career ff's that vollie in PG County isn't that against the By-laws of the International.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Prince George's County
    1. Square Miles-488 sq. miles land and 12 sq. miles water

2. Population-749,000

3. Average population per square mile-1,498

4. Average square mile coverage per station-10.64 sq miles

Source
    1st 2 points was the Official Prince George County Website

2nd 2 points was my calculator

------------------
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry, [email protected]
    Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
    City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
    www.bayonnenj.org/fire/

[This message has been edited by FitzBFDT2 (edited 01-22-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    --

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ok, thanks. Now it makes more since.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    --

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well I think this all sounds neat and all but, in that kind of area is 2 stations really enough for 40sq miles? Thats like having 2 staions in all of Newark or Jersey City. Imagine if FDNY only had 2 stations per 40sq miles? No wonder why they have that many calls. It also looked like Kentland does not have very many people per incident ether. I do think its great that they are 100% volunteer. Just it sounds like risky stuff down there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I recently got a chance to ride with Kentland 33...........They were all that has been said and then some. To the dude who wants to ride, all I had to do was buy a carton of Marlboro lights for J & Pinky and the other fellas, and a package of RedMan chew for a dude named Jimmy fingarzz....pretty cheap for 3 days of fast action.....They let me eat with em too.and even spent alot of time showing my girlfriend around the firehouse........some damn nice dudes....Im pround to say ive had the 33 experiance........

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This was a forum about PG County, Not Kentland. But since everyone is talking about Kentland again, What I want to know is why the PG County Fire Chief will not give company 33 a reserve truck until tower 33 returns from repairs?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would love to be doing what they do. My department runs about 300 calls a year and these guys are doing 120-150 a wekk!! Anyone know who i can contact to possibly get a chance to ride?

Later

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    --

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    FireBuffPG:

You are incorrect in your statement that all Kentland volunteers are career firefighters elsewhere. I believe it would be less than 50% of the membership.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X