This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all who post here:

If you look at the previous pages, you will note that I have taken all of my posts off.

I am doing this because I have come to realize that it is not my place to speak here. I am not i a position to be of help nor am I the spokesman for anyone.

My firehouse was one of the best things to happen to me. I will not risk losing that to blabber on here.

I do hope anyone who was offended by my post accepts my humble apologies.

Cousin Vinny

Comment

• Vinny, I think you're making a big mistake.

The purpose of a forum is for people to communicate. It IS your place to speak your mind here, and by offering up ideas and suggestions, you ARE in a position to help.
      Granted, you may not necessarily be an official spokesperson for 33, but you are your own spokesman.

I hope you reconsider & continue to participate in this forum.

Ed

Comment

• the "Bunker Hill Station" (2,3,4) is supposedly underway, but plauged with problems, such as being 1.6 million dollars over budget.....I know they have at least broken ground...i also don't think they have many volunteers left between the 3 of them.

Comment

• I have a question.... isn't Waldorf VFD actually the busiest 100% volunteer fire department in the US? I know that the Moscow (russia) fire department is the worlds busiest 100% total volunteer fire department.....

how can 33 say they are the worlds busiest?

Comment

• How can Moscow have a volunteer FD? My god, you would think that Moscow is(or at least was) one of the busiest and powerful cicites in the world and they are protected by a VFD? That sure is suprising.

------------------
            Joe
            Daysleeper47
            "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
            "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
            Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

• I believe hot DAMN is correct...Waldorf is the busiest. Each of their stations are staffed by 100% VOLUNTEERS....NO CAREER AT ALL!!!!!!!

That is all.

Comment

• Why does it matter. Aren't we all here for the same job, no matter how many times we do it?

Comment

• What is it about those guys at Kentland that gets everyone so fired up?

I've never seen so much bickering and whinning over one firehouse. Are they really that much of a threat to you all???

Just some thoughts from a PA guy trying to figure out you Marylanders.

Engineforlife

Comment

• I believe (i may be wrong in the following statements) that 33 makes their claim to fame using only 33's stats. Waldorf has 3 stations. If you want to combine all 3 station's stats, then 33 can add 46's also. Either way, Kentland should be busier than Waldorf.

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that a city the size and importance of Moscow is protected by an all-volunteer department. I'm not suggesting that it couldn't be done.

Anyone here from Kentland and Waldorf with actual numbers for 2000?

Comment

• 1) Moscow is all military. Now the country is in such poor shape that they might not be receiving their pay check, but none the less they are all in the military.

2)Kentlands numbers are on their web site www.kentland33.com

3) Why does it matter who is busier. I have been watching this thread and it was going in a positive way. Lets keep it going that way. Stick together and you will accomplish the tasks that need to be done in the county for the volunteers.

David Polikoff www.workingfire.net

[This message has been edited by David Polikoff (edited 02-10-2001).]

Comment

• um..hot DAMN..why do we have to go back to the darn 33 stuff....

although I think waldorf is busier, it doest really make any difference. i think that kentland uses both co. 46 and medic 46 for its stats, which i am sure is busier than wvfc.

back to earlier posts....does anyone think that there will ever be a volunteer organization that will stop our bickering and work for a common good?

Comment

• Ok, i only asked for numbers on account of a previous post. I don't know which one was busier, and was hoping someone could provide accurate numbers. My post was done out of curiosity only.

As far as their ever being a volunteer organization that will stop the bs... I don't know. I have serious doubts that the current county f&r association as it exists now is capable of doing much of anything. That's a bickering & infighting bunch if i've ever seen one. In the assn's defense though, I do have to admit that the bickering sessions usually start off with a good meal. I think that an organization, made up of the individual volunteer members, working for the common good of the volunteers would be a lot better than what we have now.

Comment

• Edwardo09 that post was directed towards hot DAMN not you, sorry

so how can we organize? we need to let everyone out there know that we arent going to stand for the petty stuff any more. everyone out there needs to go to their propective stations and talk about this..then we all need to come back together and discuss how we can get strong again and stay strong..

Comment

• Here are stats...

Kentland's Station 33 (The only 100% Volunteer Station they have) http://www.kentland33.com/operations.htm

Approx 5,985 calls,

Waldorf's Stations 3, 12 and EMS 3, All 100% Volunteer http://www.olg.com/waldorfvfd/index2.html

Approx 12,919 calls

Comment

• Aktor, thanks.

On organizing, here's the considerations: We need an organization that will stand united and work for the common good of the volunteers. The union works this way, and the county is ultimately out for itself.

I feel that the PGCVFRA has pretty much lost touch with reality. Most of the people you see attending the meetings don't participate in operational matters anymore, and are pretty much clueless on what goes on out on the street. Those that do are mostly out for their own agenda first.

The PGCVFRA needs to change. If it can't change and get with the times, then it needs to be replaced. My biggest fear regarding this is having a rival organization start up, and degenerate into a civil war between rival volunteer organizations. You'd see the county and the union in a feeding frenzy over it.

In short, i'm not sure what to do, and would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Ed

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X