What is that...A Snake?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that...A Snake?!

This morning, 6/27/2003, My station was called into Stratford for a Cover. Just as we signed on responding to the cover station they made it a second alarm, which at night means that my station would have been dispatched anyway. So we head to the fireground and just as were arriving they order the Emergency Evacuation.

After the fire is under control, myself and another junior are going around the dwelling looking at stuff and grabbing some equipment when one of the guys noticed this object on the ground. One of the guys mentioned that the owner had a snake in the house. It was the exact size as an 1 3/4" hose line. Just imagine if someone grabbed it thinking it was a hose line, then finding out it was a dead snake. Very...different.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Re: What is that...A Snake?!

Originally posted by mdoddsjffhnfc
    Just imagine if someone grabbed it thinking it was a hose line, then finding out it was a dead snake. Very...different.
    Imagegin the shock on there face and sh*t in there draws when they find it was alive!

Comment

HAHAHAHA! the look on their face would be priceless!

Comment

Ya ever notice whenever someone makes one of these "priceless" mistakes... Nobody has a camera. But when you do something... It's front page news, and it turns into one of them firehouse legends....

Comment

Ghost in the picture

No danger of me being in that picture.TC doesn't do snakes unless they're on a grill.T.C.

Comment

Interesting Question......

So, before anyone picks up the snake, (thinking it is a hoseline) has anyone figured the gpm available thru a snake??? Oh well, didn't think so... Stay Safe....
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Re: Interesting Question......

Originally posted by hwoods
              So, before anyone picks up the snake, (thinking it is a hoseline) has anyone figured the gpm available thru a snake??? Oh well, didn't think so... Stay Safe....
              I wonder if those fangs work better as smooth bores or fog tips?

Comment

Cost of structure fire at home: $15,000
                Cost of pet snake: $750
                Seeing the look on the Firemans face after he realizes he is holding a dead snake and not the firehose: PRICELESS!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X