Another Jack*** stunt gone bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Jack*** stunt gone bad!

Somewhere in the background, I hear strains of music from Crosby, Stills and Nash.

"You, who are on the road,
    Must have a code that you can live by.

"Teach Your Children Well," Crosby, Stills, and Nash
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Boy in critical condition after trying to re-enact 'Jackass' stunt
    GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A 10-year-old boy was in serious
    condition at a hospital after he was engulfed in flames Thursday
    while trying to copy a stunt from a movie, officials said.
    The boy's clothing caught fire when he and a 14-year-old friend
    were playing with charcoal briquette lighter fluid and a lighter,
    said Capt. Elio Pompa of the Glendale Fire Department.
    "Our investigation tells us they were trying to act out a stunt
    from the movie 'Jackass,"' Pompa said.
    The boy received third-degree burns over 15 percent of his body,
    mostly on his chest, back and shoulders. He also had second degree
    burns with blistering, Pompa said.
    Pompa said the boy did "stop, drop and roll" after the fire
    started, which helped put out some of the flames.
    The boy's friend doused him with a garden hose and ran to a
    neighbor's to call 911.
    "He's looking at surgeries, possibly (skin) grafts," Pompa
    said. "Our concern was that we have children playing with a
    flammable liquid and a lighter. That's a lethal, very dangerous
    combination."
    Pompa said the two boys, whose names weren't released, were
    without adult supervision when the fire started.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

There must be a reason they call it "Jack***."
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Wow that kid is so cool he is my personal hero cause he did what some over paid dips**t did on a network that burnouts watch!

Hmmm tell me what would be wiser invesment for the parents:
    Baby sitter at $7 an hour and a slight annoyence or a
    life time of pain,disfigurment and surgery-thousands of dollars and guilt.

Comment

What was a 10-year-old doing with access to these dangerous things? Obviously he was setting himself on fire.
      TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
      EMT GEMS
      CPT/EMT MVFD
      Proud Member of IACOJ
      9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Comment

Sounds to me like Mom and Dad need a smack in the mouth for letting this kid watch such a bunch of crap in the first place. Who in their right mind would let a ten year old watch Jackass?! And where was the parental supervision when this was going on? I hold the parents responsible not the show or the "stars" of Jackass. Common sense must also come into play on the kids part as well.

Just my view from my corner.

Matt

Comment

just listen for the parents trying to file suit against the show for giving him the idea. They have the disclaimer and the kid was stupid enough to mess with something as deadly as fire. I bet ya if that kid got a brain scan it would come back an empty picture.
          Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
          "GOOD GAME!"

Comment

How many more morons are out there! Ive seen the show and the movie of jackass. When he lit him self on fire he was wearing protective gear and lots of it but it looks like this kid over looked that fact. lack of common sense on kids folks and the kid.

Comment

This is 100% the parents fault. No doubt that they will try and may be successful in suing Jack***, but in the end it is not the shows fault.

We have a 10 year old that obviously is not mature enough to be watching this type of show, I doubt that the kid should even being watching the Road Runner or Tom and Jerry for that matter. But the parents rather then looking at themselves will no doubt blame a show that they should never have let there kids watch in the first place.

Comment

This is not the fault of the kid (not very bright, but he IS only 10). It is not the fault of the TV Show. This is 110% the fault of the parents (or most likely a lack there of). A 10 year old should know better than to do that and knowing better is what you learn from your parents. And top top it off, like someone else said... why the hell was their lighter fluid out for a 10yr old to play with?

THIS PLANET IS DOOMED!!
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by dfdex1
                  network that burnout’s watch!

"I'd rather burn out than fade away"-laslo on Vrock from GTA: Vice City!

Ok dex I have seen the movie and seen the show and I can tell you I am not a burnout. Another thing that a while ago another kid lit himself on fire and burned a significantly amount on his body

Comment

Originally posted by EoneTiller

Ok dex I have seen the movie and seen the show and I can tell you I am not a burnout. Another thing that a while ago another kid lit himself on fire and burned a significantly amount on his body
                    Hmmmm well I guess these kids that light themselves on fire qaulify as "burnouts" now.
                    I hope they dont hold the show responsible,kids fault not the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by dfdex1
                      Hmmmm well I guess these kids that light themselves on fire qaulify as "burnouts" now. I hope they dont hold the show responsible,kids fault not the shows.

actually i think these kids are "burned up". thats what i dont understand if mtv & jackass have the warning do not attempt any of the following stunts, then is it possible for people to sue. in this day and age i wouldnt be surprised if they sued mtv and got some money from them.

Comment

Right before Jackass was disbanned on something like 60 min. or some show like that they had a kid who lit him self on fire trying to do what the guys of Jackass did. the parnets where saying how they couldnt control what their kid watched at 10pm on a SCHOOL night
                        (kid had a tv in his room I think). The kid didn't act alone he had about 3 or 4 other friends with him and they taped the stunt too. They also showed the kid getting burn treatment. Anyone esle kind of remember this?

Comment

QUIGGER that is the one I’m talking about when I mentioned there was another kid who did this. He sprayed his handsd in bug spray and lit it when his clothes caught fire and he was burning for a few seconds before he jump in the pool. His friends were laughing the whole time. They said " we thought he was acting so we just kept laughing. They also showed the kid getting treatment at the hospital. Also, jackass wasn’t disbanded from MTV, because it is still on. Does any remember the Tom Green show?? And if you do, do you remember why he was kicked off the air?? Anyway, he is coming back with a new show.

Case 4: April, The Human Idiot
                          A twelve-year-old boy named Thomas Hitz was inspired by Jackass to cover his hand in bug spray, light it on fire, and try to put it out on his chest. He burned the hell out of himself, which as you might know, is what usually happens when you light yourself on fire.

Jackass boy lights himself on fire.

As they say here on this NJ radio station 94.5 the hawk on the free beer and hot wings show when they do the daily idiot! MAN THATS SOME KIND OF DUMBASS!!!
                          Last edited by EoneTiller; 06-27-2003, 10:30 PM.

Comment

For every stunt...there are 2 idiots

ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) - Two teenage boys face arson charges
                            after a bizarre fiery stunt on the roof of a shopping mall.
                            According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the youths, ages
                            15 and 16, planned for the older boy to be doused in lighter fluid
                            and set on fire, while the other youth captured the stunt on
                            videotape.
                            Once the youth's clothes were on fire, he panicked, scorching
                            his hands as he removed his burning clothes, said Mary Justino, a
                            spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Office.
                            The incident occurred about 7 p.m. Sunday, about an hour after
                            the Orange Park Mall closed for business. One of the youths was
                            apprehended by security guards and the other was found hiding on
                            the mall's roof.
                            The burning clothing caused minor damage to the mall's roof and
                            was extinguished by a security guard, Justino said.
                            The 15-year-old youth was taken to the Duval County Juvenile
                            Detention Center on charges of arson, arson with injury, and
                            burglary of an occupied building.
                            The 16-year-old was treated at Orange Park Medical Center and
                            was released to his parents. He faces similar charges but has not
                            been arrested because of his injuries. The names of the youths were
                            not released because of their ages.
                            A video camera was found at the mall and was being kept as
                            evidence. The videotape was being withheld from the public and
                            media.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
                            Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                            Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                            On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

A video camera was found at the mall and was being kept as
                              evidence. The videotape was being withheld from the public and
                              media.
                              Great story.

Just a learning opportunity here. If you find a video camera at a scene like this, it IS evidence. It must be treated as such. The tape cannot be viewed without a search warrant. Even by FF.
                              PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X